Hi Everyone!
Before I send this to the comune, does someone have time to check the below letter to see if it makes sense? I used an on-line sample and then had to incorporate some additional item requests relating to my GGF and GF. (The on-line samples didn't combine multiple requests on two people into one letter.)
Also -is it OK if I ask for both the estratto dell’atto in modello plurilingue (for dual citizenship purposes) and the certificate? It's my understanding that these documents provide different information. Does anyone know how these records differ from an "estratto percopia integrale dell'atto in carta libera?" (It gets confusing what to ask for with all the conflicting information out there on the internet.)
I don't know Giuseppe's parents or siblings names. I understand that his birth record should provide the parents names, but how can I find the siblings names? Once I get the father's name, then write back to the comune for his Stato di Familgia? (It never neds - does it?)
Thanks for your time!
Sophia
Letter to Comune: Please check translation
08 settembre 2009
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Baiano
83022 BAIANO AV
ITALY
Oggetto: Richiesta documentazione
Egregi Signori,
Mi chiamo ------------, ed abito negli Stati Uniti all'indirizzo sopradetto. Cerco informazioni sul mio bisnonno, Giuseppe Stefano Acierno ed mio noon Giovanni Luigi Acierno. Nato nel comune di Baiano. Giovanni Luigi Acierno genitori erano Giuseppe Stefano Acierno. Cerco questi dati per conoscere meglio la mia famiglia, e per trovare i mieiarenti rimasti in Italia.
Vi sarei molto grato se poteste spedirmi:
1. L’estratto dell’atto di nascita in modello plurilingue: Mio bisonno, Giuseppe Stefano Acierno. Nato verso 1864.
2. Certificato di Nascita: Giuseppe Stefano Acierno. Nato verso 1864.
3. L’estratto dell’atto di matrimonio in modello plurlingue: Giuseppe Stafano Acierno. Sposato Giovannina Napolitano circa 1890.
4. Certificato di Matrimonio: Guiseppe Stefano Acierno. Sposato Giovannina Napolitano circa 1890.
5. L’estratto dell’atto di nascita in modello plurilingue: Mio nonno, Giovanni Luigi Acierno. Nato (will fill this in later.)
6. Certificato di Nascita: Giovanni Luigi Acierno.
7. Stato di Famiglia: Giuseppe Stefano Acierno.
Vi ringrazio in anticipo per la vostra gentilezza e premura, e vi prego di addebitarmi tutte le spese postali e dei certificati.
Distinti saluti,
Please check my translation: Comune letter
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Please check my translation: Comune letter
I am under the impression that you may need to send a separate request for each document since various clerks may be involved in searching out the records but I could be wrong. Why not send an e-mail to Comune di Baiano Ufficio di Stato Civile and ask them in a simple english sentence as to whether you can request several documents in one letter?
Send e-mail to a.colucci@comune.baiano.av.it =Peter=
Send e-mail to a.colucci@comune.baiano.av.it =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Please check my translation: Comune letter
Thank you Peter! I will get that out today. (Let's hope they understand my simple english sentence.) 
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Please check my translation: Comune letter
....or if you wish you can say in Italian " Posso fare una domanda per 5 documenti con una lettera o ci vuole una lettera per ciascuno documento?" (Can I request 5 documents with one letter or do I need a letter for each document?) =Peter=
~Peter~
Re: Please check my translation: Comune letter
Thanks Peter - the man with a plan!!! Will let you know their reply.
Enjoy your day!
Sophia
Enjoy your day!
Sophia
- mphilip876
- Newbie

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 09 Sep 2009, 10:39
Re: Please check my translation: Comune letter
I wanna use Language Translation Service so that people belong to different countries can easily read from my site and they can translate the messages for viewing in the language they prefer. I know the site http://www.nfrontier.co.uk. Do you people have any idea about other sites like this??
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
