Surname Lacovara, from San Mauro Forte

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
heggar
Rookie
Rookie

Surname Lacovara, from San Mauro Forte

Post by heggar »

I am looking for my grandfather's family from San Mauro Forte, Italy. His name was Dr. Anthony Lacovara; he came to New York City in the early 1900's and practiced medicine in Brooklyn. My grandmother was Amelia de Blasio from Sant' Agata dei Goti, Benevento.

My grandfather's siblings were; Caterina Lacovara (who had 9 children); Guisseppe 'Joseph' Lacovara (11 children); Philip Lacovara (3 children); Vincent; and a sister named Rose or Maria. There may also have been more siblings; plus there were several cousins from San Mauro Forte possibly named Leonard, Rocco, & Peter. Our other family names include: LaBella; Onorato; Miraglio; Leone; Rota; Cifichiello; Fantasia; and Canuso. Many of them are originally from San Mauro Forte.

I am doing a family tree. If any of these names sound familiar, or you think we may be related, I would love to hear from you.
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Surname Lacovara, from San Mauro Forte

Post by pink67 »

Hi Heggar,

I just want to point you this free site were you'll find several newspaper articles concerning your family:

http://www.fultonhistory.com/

Laura
heggar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by heggar »

Laura;

Thank you so much for the link to the Fulton History website. I found some very interesting material there, and I'm sure it will help me with my family tree. I truly appreciate your help.

Grazie mille!!!
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

You're very welcome Heggar.... :D

I don't know if you have a payed subscription to Ancestry.com website, in the case you don't have here you can find many members who are willing to help you finding records for your family....
I love the Fultonhistory website too.... :D

Laura
heggar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by heggar »

Laura;

Yes; I did have a subscription to Ancestry.com last year. It is a wonderful website and has been extremely helpful in locating several family members. I actually found an aunt; five first-cousins; and several second-cousins! It was such a blessing to find them.

My family is very large, and I still have many more relatives to locate. Who knows; maybe I can find a few more with the Fulton History link!

Thanks again for your help!
dudenamedric

Post by dudenamedric »

Hi, I know this thread is a bit old but my name is Riccardo Fantasia. My family's from Chicago. I believe my grandfather, also Riccardo Fantasia, was born on the boat coming over here in 1927 or 1929, not sure of the year exactly but it was in the 20's.
zona1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zona1 »

Please check your private messages
maple62
Rookie
Rookie

Post by maple62 »

Hi Heggar,

This may well be of interest/relevance to you. I live in London, England and both my parents were born in San Mauro Forte.

In my family tree are a Clemenzia Lacovara my gg grandmother (born about 1840), and her father Giuseppe, my ggg grandfather (born about 1815).

You'll also find that a Leonardo Lacovara died in WWI who also achieved the rank of Corporal.

Between the months of February to June 1852, a Melchiorre Lacavara was the Archpriest of San Mauro Forte.

Hope this helps

Regards

Michael
abbaabba

Post by abbaabba »

Hello......my grandparents are from San Mauro Forte too.......My surname is Privinzano.....Maybe, if you've ever been is San Mauro you can Know my family....San Mauro it's a very very small village, but everywhere you can find a Sanmaurese!!!!!!
Luca
RitaMastro

Post by RitaMastro »

I am a Cifichiello. I believe that one of my great grandmothers (from San Mauro Forte) was a Lacovara. Do you know the connection to the Cifichiello family? Thanks.
R
heggar
Rookie
Rookie

Post by heggar »

Rita; I know you! I'm sending you a PM.
roberts

Post by roberts »

My great-grandmother was Madeline Lacovara DiRosario, sister of Leonard, Peter and Rocco. She immigrated here when she was 14 with Rocco. She lived in Bristol, CT until her daughter (my grandmother) got married then they moved to Yonkers, NY.

I don't have any information on Peter Lacovara and Frances Cifichiello Lacovara, but any you can share would be greatly appreciated!