Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
If I have a friend that can go to the ufficio or request it from Milan do you think I would be able to get it the same day or sooner than for it to be sent to the Caribbean?
Authors
Roccapalumba (Palermo). Ufficio dello stato civile (Main Author)
Notes
Microfilm dei registri originali nell'Archivio di Stato di Palermo e nell'archivio del Tribunale di Termini Imerese.
Alcuni registri includono un indice.
Microfilm ad alta riduzione (42x). Si consiglia di adoperare una macchina ad alto ingrandimento.
Births, deaths, marriages, marriage banns, records of citizenship, and documents attached to records from the civil registration office in Roccapalumba (Palermo). Some registries include an index. Text in Italian.
Ever since I was a little boy, my dad would show me my great grandfather's card, and tell me that he was a count in Italy. I was always intrigued by that, but never really thought about asking my grandmother questions, or anyone else for that matter. About ten years ago, as more and more information...