La Famiglia Pitasi da Cardeto (Reggio Calabria)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
apiapibij

La Famiglia Pitasi da Cardeto (Reggio Calabria)

Post by apiapibij »

Ho iniziatio una ricerca sulla famiglia Pitasi proveniente da Cardeto nella provincia di Reggio Calabria. I primi resultati si possono vedere su www.benvanrijswijk.com/pitasi
Il nome Pitasi si trova anche a Roccaforte del Greco e intendo di investigarlo gli dopo.
Pinguino

Re: La Famiglia Pitasi da Cardeto (Reggio Calabria)

Post by Pinguino »

Buona sera.

In the website, www.benvanrijswijk.com/pitasi, in VIII-4.(figlia di VII-7), I found the grandmother of my grandfather, Domenica Pitasi. I would consider this is the woman side of my mother's ancestry.

Now, your searches show that my great-great grandmother Domenica Pitasi married my great-great grandfather Antonino Biondo. Domenica's genealogy is done by you. Could you please tell me how did you do this fantastic work ?

I would be really interested in working in great-great grandfather's side.
With reference to your works, he was the son of Pietro Biondo and Maria Nania. What would you suggest or recommend to make these searches ?

Also, Domenica and Antonino Biondo had a son Pietro Biondo, my great grandfather who died at ~26 yo during WWI in Monte S. Michele del Carso (Gorizia) (date unclear). He was married with my great grandmother Teresa Siclari.
Do you think we could find somethiong regarding my great grandfather who died during WWI (archives, photos) ?

After I will have to investigate the other roots of my family (mainly from Ravagnese and Motta San Giovanni) but let's start step by step.

Thanks a lot for your help and be sure that you already did a lot. PS
apiapibij

Re: La Famiglia Pitasi da Cardeto (Reggio Calabria)

Post by apiapibij »

On Nuccia Salvati's website http://www.calabriaexchange.com/ you can find the indices of the civil State of Cardeto. I think they should give you all the information you need.
For the rest, it is spending a lot of time with a lot of patience in the archives and just hoping for the luck you need to arrive (which usually does)
For pictures of you greatgrandfather I think you will need the help of your family. On a summerevening the square of the village is filled with men (only men!) who are very curious to know everything about you and their ancestors. They drag you to the bar and offer you coffee. I am sure when you go there and tell them who you are, you meet relatives and who knows what is yet hidden under the matrasses and in old shoeboxes?