Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
London82
Elite
Elite

Re: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families

Post by London82 »

MORANA / MURANA

Hello,

I am a descendant of Biaggio Murana/Morana. I live near New Orleans, Louisiana. I have just learned of the Morana spelling of my last name. I never knew it was ever spelled like that.
Learning of this way of spelling my last name has helped further my ancestry research!
Please see my attachment!
I'm excited to learn more of the Morana's from Texas!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rumfolo

Post by Rumfolo »

My grandmother was Anna Puglisi Politz who married Antonio Rotolo and lived in Napoleanville LA. They were from Alia Palermo. Anna's father was Peter Politz and her mother Theresa Rielle. When Antonio died she then married Giovanni Rumfolo and they had two sons: Walter and Louis. Giovani was called Johnny and sometimes spelled his name Rumfola. His father was Adoloh Rimfoli and his mother Lucia Rotolo. Does anyone have any information
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Giovanni Rumfola
INDEX#182
1898 Sept 12th in the town of Alia birth of Giovanni Rumfola son of Gandolfo Cosmo Damiano Rumfola age 29 farmer and his wife Lucia Rotolo age 23

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1947613

Marriage of Gandolfo Cosmo Damiano Rumfola and Lucia Rotolo
INDEX#64
1892 Oct 15th in the town of Alia appeared Gandolfo Cosmo Damiano Rumfola age 23 farmer born and resides in Alia son of Agostino Rumfola and deceased Domenica Russo married Lucia Rotolo age 17 farmer born and resides in Alia daughter of deceased Vincenzo Rotolo and Cosmia Falcone

PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Rumfolo

Post by Rumfolo »

Thank you for posting! I am the granddaughter of Giovanni Rumfolo from Alia, Palermo. Thanks to post I finally found my Great Grandfather Gandolfo Rumfola and GreatgreatGrandfather Augustino Rumfola! Do you have any information about Augustino Rumfola? Do you know if my Grandfather or GreatGrandfather had any brothers or sisters? My whole life I though my uncle went off the reservation using the name Rumfola when my dad used Rumfolo! Now I find our family name IS Rumfola!
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth extract of Gandolfo Cosmo Rumfola
INDEX#8
1868 Dec 23rd in the town of Alia birth of Gandolfo Cosmo Rumfola son of Agostino Rumfola age 30 (born about 1838 son of Gandolfo Rumfola) and his wife Domenica Russo age 32 (daughter of deceased Pietro Russo)

PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
Rumfolo

Post by Rumfolo »

Thank you! When my father Anuerfo Walter Rumfola, born June 5, 1919, who is the son of Giovanni Rumfola 1898,who is the son of Gandolfo Cosmo Rumfola 1868, who is the son of Agostino Rumfola 1838 was baptised in Louisiana USA the sponsor was Agostino Rumfola. Do you know if Gandolfo Rumfolo has a son name Agostino? Is it possible that Agostino Rumfola came to America or did he die in Italy? Again, thank you so very much for helping me trace by family tree.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth record of Agostino Rumfola
Index#187
1894 Sept 27th in the town of Alia birth of Agostino Rumfola son of Gandolfo Cosmo Damiano Rumfola age 25 farmer born and resides in Alia and his wife Lucia Rotolo age 19 farmer

PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty

Marty
Rumfolo

Post by Rumfolo »

I want to thank you so very much for helping me research my Father's family from Alia.
Rumfolo

Post by Rumfolo »

If you have any information about Domenica Russo 's parents. Her father was Pietro Russo ABT 1815. Domenica was married to Agostino Rumfola 1838. Or information about Agostino Rumfola's parents. I think his father was named Gandolfo Rumfola ABT 1818. Thank you for helping.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Birth extract of Gandolfo Cosmo Rumfola
INDEX#8
1868 Dec 23rd in the town of Alia birth of Gandolfo Cosmo Rumfola son of Agostino Rumfola age 30 (born about 1838 son of Gandolfo Rumfola) and his wife Domenica Russo age 32 (daughter of deceased Pietro Russo)

Death record of Gandolfo Rumfola father of Agostino Rumfola
INDEX#28
1871 Feb 24th in the town of Alia death of Gandolfo Rumfola age 63 (abt 1808) farmer born and resides in Alia husband of Calogera Biondolillo son of deceased Giuseppe Rumfola and deceased Giuseppa Taulli

PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty

Marty
Rumfolo

Post by Rumfolo »

Thank you! I am still at a loss to find anything on my Great Grandmother Theresa Salvatora Rielle. She married Peter Puglisi Politz both from Alia and moved to Louisiana in the USA. Her daughter my Grandmother was Anna Puglisi Politz who married Antonio Rotoli and later Giovanni Rumfola. It was a family rumor that her or her mother was daughter out of wedlock fathered by a royal person. I don't have any information on her parents and don't know if the story was made up or true.
Rumfolo

Post by Rumfolo »

Antonio Rotolo ( not Rotoli)
Rumfolo

Re: Alia, Palermo, Sicily Families Theresa Rielle

Post by Rumfolo »

Thank you! I am still at a loss to find anything on my Great Grandmother Theresa Salvatora Rielle. She married Peter Puglisi Politz both from Alia and moved to Louisiana in the USA. Her daughter my Grandmother was Anna Puglisi Politz who married Antonio Rotoli and later Giovanni Rumfola. It was a family rumor that her or her mother was daughter out of wedlock fathered by a royal person. I don't have any information on her parents and don't know if the story was made up or true.
adelfio
Master
Master

Post by adelfio »

Are you sure your great grandmothers name was Theresa Salvatora Rielle
I come up with Salvatora Incerti she was a foundling
Marriage of Pietro Puglisi and Salvatora Incerti
INDEX#51
1881 June 26 in the town of Alia marriage of Pietro Puglisi age 27 born and resides in Alia soon of Gaetano Puglisi and Anna Russo married Salvatora Incerti age 21 parents unknown

PG LINK TO RECORD

Birth record of Anna Puglisi
INDEX#176
1882 June 17th in the town of Alia birth of Anna Puglisi daughter of Pietro Puglisi age 28 and Salvatora Esposito (Esposito is a foundling name)

PG LINK TO RECORD

Birth record of Gaetano Puglisi
INDEX#176
1888 June 17th in the town of Alia birth of Gaetano Puglisi son of Pietro Puglisi age 34 farmer and Salvatorice Incerti age 28

PG LINK TO RECORD

Marty

Marty
Rumfolo

Post by Rumfolo »

My Great Grandmother went by name Theresa Salvatora Rielle 1860-1951 and married Pietro Puglisi Politz 1853-1895. She was the mother of my Grandmother Anna Puglisi Politz 1885-1968. My mother deceased told me that Theresa was born an illegitimate child of royalty and that the priest was paid to provide for her. The story says that it was found out the priest had been taking the money and the black hand killed him. It was also told that she was given land in Sicily but it was feared she would be killed for it and so she came to America. This is story I was told. Can you help me find out what her name was and if is her that was the foundling?