Tracing back anzalone Geneology

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Tracing back anzalone Geneology

Post by pink67 »

Here is Domenica Costabile and their child's arrival manifest on May 1907:

page 1:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0024

they were joining Domenico Ansalone in Chicago, Taylor Street...
Coming from Calvanico...
Angelina was 3 yers old while Bartolomeo was only 4 months...

Laura :D
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

vj wrote:Home in 1930:
2201 Prospect Street, owns $6000
Racine, Racine, Wisconsin

head Dominik Anzalone 49, abt 1881 IT
- married age 23, abt 1904
- immig 1906, Pa (filed 1st papers for naturalization)
wife Dominica Anzalone 47, abt 1883 IT
- immig 1906
son Alphonse Anzalone 21, abt 1909 PA
son Carmen Anzalone 19, abt 1911 PA
son John Anzalone 18, abt 1912 PA
son Joseph Anzalone 17, abt 1913 PA
daughter Florence Anzalone 15, abt 1915 PA
son Michael Anzalone 13, abt 1917 PA
daughter Rosie Anzalone 10, abt 1920 WI
mother Angeline Anzalone 75, abt 1855 IT
- widow
- immig 1916, Al
boarder Ralph Feast 44
This is the 1916 arrival manifest for Domenico's mother:

Ianniello Angela (travelling under her maiden name - usual for italian women), widow, last residence Calvanico, leaving in Italy her daughter in law Maria Costabile, going to Mount Pleasant PA to join her son Domenico Anzalone, 219 Washington Avenue - MT. Pleasant PA

page 1:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0006

page 2:
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0006

Laura
PeteT

Post by PeteT »

Are you inquiring about the Anzalones from San Cataldo, Caltanissetta, Sicily? I found a couple of interesting links.

http://genforum.genealogy.com/anzalone/messages/51.html

http://www.timesleader.com/news/Family_ ... -2009.html (I'll try to post the text since this newspaper archives after 7 days...meaning you'd have to pay for it.)

Anyway, maybe these folks are relatives?
PeteT

Post by PeteT »

October 10, 2009
Family fun with flair of Italiana
Italian American Association Person of Year says family inspires him to succeed.

JOHN KRISPIN Times Leader Correspondent

A local attorney has his ethnicity to thank for an upcoming Columbus Day weekend celebration.

Attorney William Anzalone will be recognized by the Italian American Association of Luzerne County (PA) as 2009 Person of the Year.

Anzalone says that the presence of family is what motivates him in business and life.

"We get together for dinners often, spending as much time as possible with each other. What’s most precious to you is family."

Anzalone can trace his heritage back to Sicily. His grandparents immigrated in the early 1900s from San Cataldo to the Oregon section of Pittston, where they raised 10 children.

He was born in 1951, and his parents relocated to the other side of the Susquehanna River to West Pittston two years later.

Coincidentally, his wife of 36 years had the exact same family experience. "My wife, Tina Medico Anzalone, also had grandparents migrate from San Cataldo, also move to the Oregon section of Pittston, and then she also moved to West Pittston."

Anzalone’s heritage is also a large aspect of his involvement with the Wilkes-Barre Chapter of UNICO, an Italian American benevolent association. The chapter’s Web site says its purpose is to "put service above self" with a goal to provide assistance to area charities with fundraisers and donations.

The chapter, Anzalone says, "has averaged $30,000 annually in the last 10 years," and "those monies have been split between 75 percent servicing mental health/mental retardation programs and 25 percent for various local charities."

He is the former president and founder of the Northeastern Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association, which encompasses 12 counties. He was the founder and first president of the Luzerne County Bar Association’s charitable foundation.

He owns Anzalone Law Offices, located in Wilkes-Barre, Scranton and Stroudsburg. His son, Jamie Anzalone, and daughter, Alana Anzalone, work alongside their father at the Wilkes-Barre office.

For Anzalone, the notion of “family firstâ€
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Possible 1910 census for Domenico's family:

1910 United States Federal Census
about Doneno Kadfelo
Name: Doneno Kadfelo mispelled or modified for some reason?
[Doneno Kadjelo]
Age in 1910: 39
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1871
Birthplace: Italy
Relation to Head of House: Head
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Spouse's Name: Domana
Home in 1910: East Huntingdon, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania
Marital Status: Married
Race: White
Year of Immigration: 1907
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members: Name Age
Doneno Kadfelo 39 head, married since 6 years, immigr. year 1907
Domana Kadfelo 26 wife, mother of three child, immigr. year 1907
Bartola Kadfelo 3 son, (aprox.birth year 1907) born in Italy
Gulena Kadfelo 5 daughter, Gulena is a possible mispelling of Angiolina in italian, born in It, aprox birth year 1905
Farnes Kadfelo son 1 4/12 born in Italy? Impossible as they stated they arrived in the U.S on 1907.. census was taken on april 1910 so the little boy was born more or less on january 1909...
Joseph Ganniel 23 boarder
Geldrash Basko 33 boarder
Michael Kadfelo 25 boarder
Carl Geldrish 31 border

image:
[img=http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/920/ ... 910.th.jpg]

what do you think about this record?

Laura
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hey Laura!
Great record finds
Congratulations!
I think the 1910 census is also theirs.
(on the 1910 census, possible the 20 yr old Michael - boarder may be related, he has the same mangled name :wink: )
Valarie
smaroda

Post by smaroda »

Everyone thank you so much for the help with all of this. Especially VJ and Laura. I had looked for the 1910 census with family members for years and been unable to locate it.

This pretty much sums up the whole family coming to america. I believe my next step is to find the marriage and birth records in calvanico. Since all of them showed it as the last place of residence for a 20 year timespan I'm guessing this is the ancestrial home.

I will write a letter to the civil record dept there tomorrow and make a request. Is there anything I should know for this from anyone elses experience, or per chance is there a online microfilm catalog?
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

smaroda wrote:I will write a letter to the civil record dept there tomorrow and make a request. Is there anything I should know for this from anyone elses experience, or per chance is there a online microfilm catalog?
Hello!
Here's a link to an interactive letter that many folks have used with success
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp

And, here's the link to the FamilySearch Library
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Library ... t_fhlc.asp

It appears that Calvanico hasn't been filmed yet

Valarie
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

I'm always happy to help! :D

Laura
nynursem

Post by nynursem »

Hello, I am new here. I am trying to get information about my Grandfather, Alfonso Anzalone. All I know is that he arrived in NY as a young boy, married my Grandmother, Maria Testa in 1909, had 1 son David on 12/04/1910 (my father). Alfonso died (to my knowledge) in 1911 or thereabout. I believe he was born around 1887 and was from Naples. I have found some conflicting records. He may of had several siblings, Alfonso being the oldest. Alfonso became a barber and had a shop in Harlem back in the early 1900's. I cannot find any birth or death records. I do have his and my Grandmother's marriage certificate. Can you help? Thank you, Maria