Laura, Thank you thank you again! Yes I have a lot to digest, and will be working on these leads for a very long time. I can't tell you how much I appreciate this! It would have taken me forever (or never) to get all of this information. Where do you live? US or Italy? I would love to be able to talk to you further.
I talked to my brother yesterday, and he was very excited to hear about the info too. He did remember some stories that our father told him about the "old man Guiseppe" or my father's grandfather. He lived into his 90's and I think he lived with one of his daughters in NY after his wife died.
Again, Mille Grazie!
Margie D'Anna Birch
looking for Guiseppe D'Anna birth or siblings records
Re: looking for Guiseppe D'Anna birth or siblings recor
Margie, I sent you a pm...
on the names of Margherita, Salvatore and Francesco there are their naturalization marks:
Salvatore Romano: 22 - 83077 - 4/4/40 -
Margherita D'Anna: 22 - 83078 - 4/4/40
Francesco Romano: 22 - 115038 - 17/8/41
I used this very helpful site to determine which was the Naturalization District
http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/manifests/
and 22 is the Disctrict of
22 San Francisco, CA Northern CA, Western NV, Lake Co OR
It is possible that Margherita D'Anna Romano and her family moved to California...
In fact:
Possible records:
California Death Index, 1940-1997
about Samuel Salvadore Romano
Name: Samuel Salvadore Romano
Social Security #: 0
Sex: MALE
Birth Date: 26 May 1882
Birthplace: Other Country
Death Date: 5 Jul 1959
Death Place: Stanislaus
Mother's Maiden Name: Stabensa
Father's Surname: Romano
California Death Index, 1940-1997
about Margheri Romano
Name: Margheri Romano
Sex: FEMALE
Birth Date: 25 Dec 1887
Birthplace: Italy
Death Date: 12 Oct 1962
Death Place: Stanislaus
Maybe these records need to be considered...
Laura
if you look better the first page of the arrival manifest you'll notice thatPink67 wrote: noticed another important thing:
Another related manifest?
January 1910:
Castagna Concetta age 48, married (maybe Concetta was her middle name?) travelling with D'Anna Magherita, age 28, married (her husband Romano Salvatore is listed the line above Concetta) travelling with her son Francesco Romano joining their husband and father d'Anna Giuseppe on 247 Elizabeth Street NYC..
page 1:
www.ellisisland.org/EI...;line=0020
page 2:
www.ellisisland.org/EI...;line=0020
on the names of Margherita, Salvatore and Francesco there are their naturalization marks:
Salvatore Romano: 22 - 83077 - 4/4/40 -
Margherita D'Anna: 22 - 83078 - 4/4/40
Francesco Romano: 22 - 115038 - 17/8/41
I used this very helpful site to determine which was the Naturalization District
http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/manifests/
and 22 is the Disctrict of
22 San Francisco, CA Northern CA, Western NV, Lake Co OR
It is possible that Margherita D'Anna Romano and her family moved to California...
In fact:
Possible records:
California Death Index, 1940-1997
about Samuel Salvadore Romano
Name: Samuel Salvadore Romano
Social Security #: 0
Sex: MALE
Birth Date: 26 May 1882
Birthplace: Other Country
Death Date: 5 Jul 1959
Death Place: Stanislaus
Mother's Maiden Name: Stabensa
Father's Surname: Romano
California Death Index, 1940-1997
about Margheri Romano
Name: Margheri Romano
Sex: FEMALE
Birth Date: 25 Dec 1887
Birthplace: Italy
Death Date: 12 Oct 1962
Death Place: Stanislaus
Maybe these records need to be considered...
Laura
Re: looking for Guiseppe D'Anna birth or siblings records
I don’t know if this thread is still active, but I was just researching my family tree and Luigi/Luis- Fannie are my grandparents, my father was Angelo, but changed his name to Arthur Blake. He was a musician as well. Luis passed a month before I was born and my father passed 2 months after I was born, so I’ve never met anyone related to him. Very interesting.

