Cirino family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
acirino202

Re: Cirino family

Post by acirino202 »

Hello
I am new here too and am looking for the origins of Cirino family name. My name is Alicia Cirino but I was born in Puerto Rico. My father Hipolito Cirino y Ayala was born in Loiza, Puerto Rico. His father was Dionisio Cirino also born in Puerto Rico.

I using Ancestry.com to create a family tree and have found many Cirino surnames in the Loiza, Mediania Alta, area of Puerto Rico. I am wondering how this name came to Puerto Rico. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
jd_probasco

Post by jd_probasco »

gmnewlook, I have been searching the monacchio 'tree' as carmine manocchio was my great grandfather. I have found some information indicating carmine had gone to new york and then crossed to canada near detroit. Also it appears there were several crossings there and a few manocchios have appeared there in my search. Carmine and benedetta had 7 children including my grandmother, violet. I was wondering if you have had any luck finding information on Carmine and Theresa's parents? or if there were any other siblings?
Shirleyobitz

Post by Shirleyobitz »

Violet was my mother’s sister. There were 12children Micheal, Tony, Dominic, Johnny, Victor, Vincent, Andrew, Cecelia, Edith, Violet, Ida (Delilah)and my mother, Mary. Some of the kids were born in Montreal and others were born in the states my mother was born in Detroit. Mike was born in Montreal. Tony was born in Berkeley, Michigan They were very poor they went back-and-forth from Canada to the states based on where there was work. I don’t know the family. I met a few when I was a kid. My mother was estranged from her family all I know is what she told me. Tony Manocchio Was a prominent groundbreaking psychologist you can read his obituary in the Guardian newspaper, Google his name and you find it. He wrote two books. My mother spoke of him quite a bit he spoke six languages. All the kids spoke French, Italian and English my grandmother Bessy, they called her did not speak English she only spoke Italian and French. I did meet her as a child.