Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
I recall reading a few years ago that increased testing before and during hospitalizations has brought to the surface an unanticipated result: the fact that a significant percentage of children (was it 12%? I don't remember...) were not genetically related to the person who believed himself to be the father. In other words, there were a lot more mommies out there having a good time than anyone previously realized.
The incidence of these cases was fairly consistent - regardless of race, nationality, or economic stature.
I just thought I would inject this small factoid into this conversation.
Carmine
My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me!
Giovanni Caboto, son of Giulio, was born in Gaeta, Italy, around 1451 AD. After the Aragonese defeated the Angevins in 1461, his family took refuge in Venice where the young Giovanni grew up, got married to Mattea about 1870 and had three children: Ludovico, Sebastiano, and Sancto. His dream was to ...