Passanger List

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
jennabet
Master
Master
Posts: 1396
Joined: 14 Jul 2010, 20:28
Location: Ancestral Homeland - Abruzzo Italy

Re: Passanger List

Post by jennabet »

Hi Carmine, if it were 1910 instead of 1909, it would clear up the family can of worms that I apparently opened up when I started looking into the past and which was opened up again when I met relatives in Italy who had been left behind. But I already checked the Florida arrival on March 13, 1910 and he wasn't on it. Would all passengers (no matter what class of travel) have been on the manifest?
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Passanger List

Post by johnnyonthespot »

jennabet wrote:Hi Carmine, if it were 1910 instead of 1909, it would clear up the family can of worms that I apparently opened up when I started looking into the past and which was opened up again when I met relatives in Italy who had been left behind. But I already checked the Florida arrival on March 13, 1910 and he wasn't on it. Would all passengers (no matter what class of travel) have been on the manifest?
I believe all passengers travelling from foreign ports had to be manifested. Even US citizens were listed (usually on a separate group of pages) and their passport numbers were noted.

If you would like to PM me his name and birth year, I may be able to find something that you have missed.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
PeterTimber
Master
Master
Posts: 6811
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
Location: Yonkers NY

Re: Passanger List

Post by PeterTimber »

If he wasn't a stowaway or possibly a crewman then he may have entered the USA on another ship and traveled coastwise down to Florida. =Peter=
~Peter~
Post Reply