I would greatly appreciate a translation
Re: I would greatly appreciate a translation
when my cousin reviewed the cards he explained the difference between Autiero and Autieri is that it is plural, as in the family of.. so he is incorrect? Sorry to be so obtuse. He said they were husband and wife.
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: I would greatly appreciate a translation
In Italian there is no plural for surnames.carla370 wrote:when my cousin reviewed the cards he explained the difference between Autiero and Autieri is that it is plural, as in the family of.. so he is incorrect? Sorry to be so obtuse. He said they were husband and wife.
Autiero and Autieri are 2 different surnames, unless there is a "typo" and even in this case Vincenza Autieri (maiden name) in Valento (married name) cannot be the wife of Giuseppe Autiero. Maybe she is his sister (they do look alike)

Re: I would greatly appreciate a translation
All; thank you for your responses. I suppose the correct thing to do now would be to consult Civil Records to see if I can get this all straightened out as to their relationship to one another.
Thank you
Carla
Thank you
Carla
