Antonio and Fannie Dimaria

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Antonio and Fannie Dimaria

Post by eyetalgal »

Frank landed at Ellis Island 5/24/1912 (San Giorgio) to Detroit - son Antonino
smmyjoe2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by smmyjoe2 »

I understand what you are saying . Because she did died young. Is Giovanna mean Joanna in Italian? Right about Michael birth. Its so funny how Filippa doesnt show up as thier first born. Also where do you get your info from? what does LDS Mean? One more thing what year does it show for Frank coming to Usa? Does it show with who ? Or where he was going?

Thank You so Much
Debbie
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eyetalgal »

Giovanna = Joanna

Filippa first born daughter to Francesco & Margherita.

Info is from images at LDS (Latter Day Saints) film library - Terrasini records are online and viewable here:
https://beta.familysearch.org/s/image/s ... OVNk8%253D

Frank landed at Ellis Island 5/24/1912 (San Giorgio) to Detroit - going to meet his son Antonino (Traveling alone)
smmyjoe2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by smmyjoe2 »

Thank You again You are the best...Just curious does it show why Margherita died? Where do you get your Info again from? What does Lsd Mean?

Thanks
Debbie
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eyetalgal »

Only know burial date - from Terrasini 'Morti' records at LDS.

LDS is the Mormon Church a/k/a/ Latter Day Saints. They have microfilmed many millions of records from churches all over the world and are slowly but surely making the images available to us who are researching our ancestors. Those films that are not yet online may be viewed at your local LDS Family History Center. There is a small charge and a short period of waiting for the film to arrive (films must be viewed at the Family History Center. They have the equipment needed for viewing and copying.

You can find the closest Library by inquiring here: http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... c_find.asp
smmyjoe2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by smmyjoe2 »

Thanks so much Angela , I will do that...Have a Great day and God Bless
smmyjoe2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by smmyjoe2 »

One More Thing sorry...Do you have any info where Giovanna Died ?

Thanks
Debbie
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eyetalgal »

No...sorry
smmyjoe2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by smmyjoe2 »

Hi angela

wondering if I can borrow you one more time , Johanna ( Giovanna ) was born and Died in Terrasini , Italy. Frank came over after she died.is what I just heard. Can You find any info on her, like when she passed away ?

Thank You
Debbie
smmyjoe2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by smmyjoe2 »

Hi Angela

Sorry make that Detriot, Michigan is where she died

Thanks
Debbie
eyetalgal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by eyetalgal »

I have searched thru Terrasini and can not find the marriage between Giovanna and Frank. Without that I can't tell who her parents were. Giovanna's manifest says she was born in Mazara. This could be an error but it's all I have to go on. It was common for the marriage to take place in the bride's commune. I don't have access to the Mazara records and can't verify this either way.

If you know where she died you may be able to get a copy of her death certificate. That should tell you who her parents were.

I've given you everything I have on this family. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you further.