Vetrone/Casalduni

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
Amck

Re: Vetrone/Casalduni

Post by Amck »

Please help me with a name I found on a ships manifest 1895 - sailing from Naples...

The name is Augiola Vetrone.

Is Augiola a male or female name?I have never heard of it. According to the ships manifest - there is only quotation marks under the Sex heading and the other two above Augiola were listed as females.
Looking for info on surname Vetrone for family tree. Michael or Michele Vetrone I believe is from the area of Casalduni Benevento - immigrated 1890's Michael in 1892 and his wife 1893 Mary or Maria (Beltrano - Bettrani - Beltrani) from same area.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

I would say female. the name ending in A, as well as the quotation marks.
wldspirit
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Definitely female....looking at the 8/14/1895 manifest it looks like it should be ANGIOLA or ANGEOLA......look at line 70 & the "N" letters in Giovanni.

jcsm
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Amck,

How are you doing on your research? Have you determined town of birth for Michael?

What US documentation have you obtained for him & family members?

jcsm
Amck

Post by Amck »

I have Michael and his wife on 1900 Port Deposit, MD census. By 1910 Mary had died and their 6 known children divided. I have Mary's maiden name on the ship manifest...and on a marriage certificate from one of her children. I found two of Michael and Mary's daughters on a 1910 census living with "uncle" Nicholas Giangola and went on a hunch that Mary and the "aunt" Adelaide Giangola were related.

From there is where I found this ship manifest with Adelaide Bettrani (assuming my hunch is correct that this Adelaide is the "aunt" of Mary's daughters!) I put Mary's maiden name on Adelaide and this is what I found. And the bonus is that Filomena and Adelaide were traveling with a Vetrone. Filomena was the name of Michael and Mary's first born daughter...whom was born in Italy and came over with Mary. Another coincidence??

I have recently found Michael's grave marker...waiting for a reply from cemetery. No idea about where Mary died or is buried. I would again guess Maryland but have not found any concrete evidence.

Curious... are you going to lead me on a journey of more research? Or at least point me in a direction I haven't gone before?? I'm open for suggestions...

Thanks for the quick response to my earlier post.
Looking for info on surname Vetrone for family tree. Michael or Michele Vetrone I believe is from the area of Casalduni Benevento - immigrated 1890's Michael in 1892 and his wife 1893 Mary or Maria (Beltrano - Bettrani - Beltrani) from same area.
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Aug. '04 post - "His parents names were Dominic and De'Angelo Ma Concetta."

My suggestion would be to contact the archive in the province of Benevento & request his military record (foglio matricolare) and/or draft card (lista di leva). Provide his parents names & DOB. These will list his town of birth.

Archive contact information:

http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/S ... NEVENTO%22

Once you know the town of birth, we can check for LDS films for that town.

I know you have been provided the film numbers for Casalduni. Have you ordered & checked them?

jcsm
Amck

Post by Amck »

I don't have his parents name or info.

I have not ordered nor checked the films for Casalduni.

I will work on that next and I understand I do that through the Family History Library.

Thanks for giving me some insight!
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Amck,

Who are Dominic and De'Angelo Ma Concetta?

Before diving into the LDS films, you may want to see if his death certificate provides parents' names & town of birth. Birth records of their children may provide town of birth, also church records can provide information.

jcsm
Amck

Post by Amck »

jcsm400 wrote:Hi Amck,

Who are Dominic and De'Angelo Ma Concetta?

Before diving into the LDS films, you may want to see if his death certificate provides parents' names & town of birth. Birth records of their children may provide town of birth, also church records can provide information.

jcsm
I don't know who they are! It looks like Dominic and De'Angelo are from another question from another individual posted in 2004. I joined this particular topic just because someone else had started the Vetrone/Casalsuni subject back then. I jumped on because by coincidence that is the surname and town I am searching!

As for Michael Vetrone's death certificate... I'll work on that. An FYI on the childrens birth certificates...I've tried. They are not available for the time period they were born in. The suggestion was given to me to check "batptismal records". At this time, I am awaiting a reply from a catholic church in Port Deposit, MD.

Also, I checked the website for "familysearch.org" to see if they had Micro films/fiche available for military records or town records for Casadulni...and it came up with nothing. I'll have to make it a point to stop in ask questions as searching through this venue is new to me and I really don't know what they have available! I thought the site was confusing?! But that could be me just being confused! LOL

Thanks for the suggestions....I'll be happy to follow your lead with the death certificate!
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Amck wrote:
As for Michael Vetrone's death certificate... I'll work on that. An FYI on the childrens birth certificates...I've tried. They are not available for the time period they were born in. The suggestion was given to me to check "batptismal records". At this time, I am awaiting a reply from a catholic church in Port Deposit, MD.

Also, I checked the website for "familysearch.org" to see if they had Micro films/fiche available for military records or town records for Casadulni...and it came up with nothing. I'll have to make it a point to stop in ask questions as searching through this venue is new to me and I really don't know what they have available! I thought the site was confusing?! But that could be me just being confused! LOL

Thanks for the suggestions....I'll be happy to follow your lead with the death certificate!

Did you check at state level for the childrens' birth certificates?.........town/county level should have them.

Available films (1809-1860) for Casalduni>

http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... ato+civile++

For records not on these films, write to the cily hall>

Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Via Roma
82027 Casalduni (BN)
ITALY

Form letters>(Will translate your request into Italian).

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

Include a self addressed return envelope, a copy of your photo ID, & an international reply coupon, which covers the return postage & can be obtained from your post office.

May want to check with cemetery where Michael is buried.....wife maybe next to him, but with no marker.

Hope this helps.

If you need asnything else, please ask....We are here to help.

Keep us posted on your progress!

:) jcsm
Amck

Post by Amck »

:D
Thanks for your help and suggestions. I'll follow up after my next discovery.
Amck

Post by Amck »

Another question...I have contacted the cemetery that I know Michael is buried at and they replied and said they do not have the resources to look up the internment/burial info. This is the info I was hoping to find his parents' names on. Now what?? I only have the year of his death...not month or day?

I, at least have his year of death! I have none of this for his wife! I have narrowed down her death to be between a 4 year time period but cannot find any record of when, where buried, etc.

Oh, and I did find a baptismal record on his first born son! It listed godparents! 1 down - 5 more to go. The church did not find any other of his children baptized their. Although, I located the family in the same SMALL town 6 years later. I'm contacting other churches!
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by jcsm400 »

Amck wrote:Another question...I have contacted the cemetery that I know Michael is buried at and they replied and said they do not have the resources to look up the internment/burial info. This is the info I was hoping to find his parents' names on. Now what??!
If you give us year of death & location, we can provide information on where to obtain death certificate at county and/or state level.

jcsm
Amck

Post by Amck »

Year of Death was 1944 in Folsom, PA.
Buried in Philadelphia, PA.
Amck

Post by Amck »

What about "NATURALIZATION" records? assuming he was naturalized. I found him in Maryland in 1900 and then he pretty much stayed in the area of Philadelphia, PA!