Looking for Siblings of Antonio Balsofiore of Forio d'Ischia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Re: Looking for Siblings of Antonio Balsofiore of Forio d'Is

Post by TerraLavoro »

They are there, I know this record set all too well! (ugh!) :)
TerraLavoro
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you! I just found the two page birth record for Maria Iacono. Could someone please translate this for me?

August 4, 1839 - Maria Iacono - Family p1.jpg
August 4, 1839 - Maria Iacono - Family p2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TerraLavoro
Elite
Elite

Post by TerraLavoro »

Not word for word, but in essence:

"On August 4, 1839, Giuseppe Iacono, carpenter, age 32, presented a baby girl to the officials of the town of Forio, and declared that she was born to his legitimate wife, Angiola Maria Lamonica, age 29, with whom he resides. The baby was born in the house in which they reside (in Strada Peschiero) and is given the name Maria".

The baby was baptized on the 5th of August in the parish of San Vito.

The birth act was not signed by the father, as he did not know how to write.
TerraLavoro
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you so much! Do you know whether or not there are marriage records for Giuseppe Iacono and Angela Maria Lamonica or Antonio Balsofiore and Maria Di Maio? I figure there's probably no way the birth records are available for any of them.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Could someone please translate these marriage records? I think it's for a sibling of Carlo Balsofiore, but want to be certain.
March 1879 - Salvatore Balsofiore and Clorinda Patalano Marriage Record.jpg
December 3, 1888 - Francesco Tedesco and Restituta Balsofiore Marriage Record - Family.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

I just found a couple more records. One's father was Salvatore Balsofiore. Could someone please translate these ones also? I'm surprised at how many records I'm finding now. One thing weird that I noticed is that in the Matrimonio 1885 records for Forio, it starts out with that, but then has the death records for that year after that. Yet the index for the death records is actually in the correct spot.
March 5, 1885 - Filippo Balsofiore Death Record - Family - Father is Salvatore.jpg
September 5, 1885 - Vincenza Balsofiore Death Record - Family.jpg
Also, I'm having problems finding a marriage record. I'm searching for the marriage record of Aniello Giuseppe Balsofiore (born in August 1866, parents Carlo Balsofiore and Maria Iacono) and Teresa Castaldi (no info). Their child, Luca Balsofiore, was born in January 1906. They had others after that, but I haven't noticed birth records for any before that time. I have a birth record for a Teresa Castaldi, but don't know if it's the correct one, since I don't have the marriage record. I would really like to confirm this relationship.