Searching for Info About Francesco Cigliano - Forio d'Ischia

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Re: Searching for Info About Francesco Cigliano - Forio d'Is

Post by siskojnash »

Do you think there might be birth or marriage records for Nicola Cigliano and Rosaria Trofa or Luigi Carneglia and Rachele Castaldi? They are the parents of Francesco Cigliano (born abt 1830) and Maria Giuseppa Carneglia (born abt 1833). They don't appear to have the years to find Francesco and Maria's birth records, unless I'm missing something.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Did you send an e-mail request or did you do an internet check? Peter
~Peter~
PippoM
Master
Master

Post by PippoM »

:D 8)
PeterTimber wrote:Pippo to the rescue! Peter
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

siskojnash wrote:Do you think there might be birth or marriage records for Nicola Cigliano and Rosaria Trofa or Luigi Carneglia and Rachele Castaldi? They are the parents of Francesco Cigliano (born abt 1830) and Maria Giuseppa Carneglia (born abt 1833). They don't appear to have the years to find Francesco and Maria's birth records, unless I'm missing something.
The birth records for Maria and Francesco are amongst the "diversi". I've just picked out the main parts here:

Birth and Baptism Records No 70: Maria Giuseppa Carneglia, born in Forio, 11 May 1833, daughter of Luigi Carneglia, 30, marinaio - sailor and Rachela Castaldi, 28.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... P:47158901

Birth and Baptism Record No 129: Francesco Cigliano born in Forio, 24 November 1830, son of Nicola Cigliano, 36, bracciale (farm hand, laborer), and Rosaria Trofa, 33?.
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... W:47158001

Angela
siskojnash
Elite
Elite

Post by siskojnash »

Thank you! I didn't know what the diversi ones were.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

You are welcome :D

My understanding is that the types of records that you would normally find amongst the Diversi would be birth records of still-born, abandoned children, adoptions and the like. I remembered that another forum member, TerraLavoro, mentioned in another thread that the birth records for Forio for the years 1823-1830 were included in the “Diversi” on the Family Search site. 1833 are also there. Fortunately both 1830 and 1833 had their indices right at the front so I was able to find the records quite quickly.

Angela