Italians in Glasgow 1890's

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Emmy
Master
Master

Re: Italians in Glasgow 1890's

Post by Emmy »

Daddymuzza thank you so much for all these links.
So that's one problem you've solved for me - and that is why Lawmoor Street 'rang a bell' it used to be South Wellington Street !! It must have changed its name after the 1901 census and my dad must have given it its new name when he was talking about Glasgow.
The link re 'the glasgow story' this couldnt be my family because my grandfather died in 1895 and I think the date there was 1914? but that is the type of thing I'm searching for. would they have lists for 1892-95?

Carlo filippi wasnt a relative but that was kind of you to post that to me.
We did have a friend of my husband's family who lost his life on the Arandora Star his wife was left with 2 young sons and a business to run. (They were interned along with my husbands mother and family and my mother-in-law was with her when she was told of her husbands death) she never remarried and lived to be 100 and and died only 2years ago. It was so sad for families at that time.
I'm off to look up the link to the Gazette.
You're a wealth of information and many thanks for sharing all these links with me.
Emmy
daddymuzza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by daddymuzza »

i think your best bet regarding records would be the mitchell library in glasgow ,in the family room 3rd floor they have census ,opr and voters rolls and valuation rolls for glasgow might be worth a phone call?
re your grandfather ,if you know his date of death the archdiocese of glasgow archives ,196 clyde street glasgow,0141 226 5898 will have the record of his burial cemetery plot and lair number as well as the names of anyone buried beside him?,they were a great help to me in finding family graves info

Ciao4now,daddymuzza
if yer no fast yer last !!!
daddymuzza
Veteran
Veteran

Post by daddymuzza »

fillipes were at 138 new city road glasgow 1901 census,also fillipe and bastianelli info 1891 english census download documents from here.............

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GMXJLXD6
if yer no fast yer last !!!