Bonefro, Campobasso

Do you need information about a certain town or village in Italy, or do you need help to find it on a map?
This forum will give you a helping hand.
adamspatr

Re: Bonefro, Campobasso

Post by adamspatr »

Hello,

I am interested in records from Campobasso. My great great grandfather was form there. His name was Giuseppe Zannella (not sure of the right spelling). My records are he was born Jan 1 1866. His fathers name was Antonio and he had brothers Rocco, Nicola and Luigi. I am very eagaer to find family info and possible cousins. I do know one of the boys married a Barile and traveled to Indiana and Ohio. Any help would be appreciated. I am not having any luck on the lds website! Trish
mulloy148

Post by mulloy148 »

My grandmother's family came from Bonefro and her madian name was DiMarzo. Maybe 11 children in her family, with most of them moving to Brockton, MA and surrounding area. My grandfather's name was Michael Silvestri, and I am not sure if he was from Bonefro also. I do see some postings here with the name Silvestri. Any info any one has would be greatly appriciated.
Chris Mulloy
Santianna

Post by Santianna »

my father's side of the family is from Bonefro. my last name is Santianna, but it was originally Santoianni. I also have Colombo in the family. I am probably related !! would love to connect more names to my family tree in Italy.
mcolumboscagnoli

Post by mcolumboscagnoli »

I also have great grandparents from Bonefro, Campobasso My great grandmother was Marie Filomena Lupo Columbo and my great grandfather was Michael Columbo great great grandfather Antonio Columbo and gg grandmother Mary Porazzo her mother was Carmine Di Marzo. Any info would be great. Joan
Jps3rd

Post by Jps3rd »

Hi i am also a santianna originally from new rochelle, ny. I remember hearing the name columbo tossed around when i was a kid. I dont recall what the relationship was? My fathers side is the santianna side and i have also heard the name camillone as possibly being his mothers maiden name. Cheers!
johnniesyl

Post by johnniesyl »

My father, Giovani Antonio Silvestri, was born in Bonefro, in 1986 and came to America, by way of the St. Lawrence seaway and ended up in Columbus, Ohio, in 1917. He ended up in Brockton,MA.His father’s name was Agniello Silvestri, His brother, Nichole Silvestri, ended up i New Rochelle, NY and his brother Eugene Silvestri, ended up in Brockton, MA. He married my mother Rosenelle Colombo, who was born in Santa Croce De Magliano. Any info would be greatly appreciated
jocko12

Post by jocko12 »

My mothers side settled in New Rochelle NY. A lot of immigrants from Bonefro settled in this city. Her father's name was Blanco and her mother's name was Lalli. They lived in the section PSA short for pig shit alley? A social club still stands there the Bonefro club also the bunny club. Anyone familar with this?
Geriz

Post by Geriz »

Yes my family also came from New Rochelle NY and all also born in Bonefro. My paternal grandfather was Antonio Iarocci and my maternal grandmother was Filomena D'onofrio. I myself lived in PSA as did many other names found in this forum. D'Orio, Santianna, , Vaccaro, Columbo, Lalli, Ruccollo etc. I knew them all.
Unfortunately the Bunny Club closed down a number of years back, there just weren't enough members to keep it going.