Carbone Family in Apice, Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ralphresta
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Carbone Family in Apice, Italy

Post by ralphresta »

Verified this info. some changes from original info.

Grandfather's birth certificate indicates his name as Giuseppe Antonio Carbone and birthdate as May 21, 1895 and his parents names as Crescenzo and Carolina. From the Ellis Island Passenger Records, I found notation of a Guiseppe Carbone arriving in NY from Naples on May 3, 1912. Last place of residence was noted as Apice. His sister -Maria and his brothers - Berardino and Crescenzo. Benny and Charlie, their birth certicates have their names as Berardino (Benny) and Crescenzo (Charlie).
The following info was given to me by my moms cousin:
My Great Grandmother Carolina's father was a well known, famous portrait painter in his home town. Growing up, a relative lived only a few blocks away from her and saw her every day and Grandmother Carolina would tell stories about her life in Italy and mentioned that her Father was a famous portrait painter in Apice.
Make It A Great Day,
Ralph
ralphresta
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ralphresta »

Is there any way for me to find out where/date my grandfathers Father died? His name was Crescenzo Carbone. Any help would be so appreciated.
Make It A Great Day,
Ralph
krash142
Veteran
Veteran

Post by krash142 »

Considering the information given, it would be difficult to tell. There was no evidence on whether Crescenzo came to America (I ran a quick search, it looks like he never came here, but his son Crescenzo did). I would have to assume that he died in Apice, where it happens I have some family from as well.

Perhaps we are related. I frequently check up on the forum, so just reply and I will find it within a week.

Happy studies!
krash142
Veteran
Veteran

Post by krash142 »

Gosh, I wish I could get this many replies. I hope you all have a good bit of luck!
RalphR325

Post by RalphR325 »

Yes, I was told that my great grandfather did not come to America but his son did. There is still family in Apici as told to me by my mom's cousin Caroline. That would be wild if we are related. Thanks for replying and look forward to hearing from you.
Raph
krash142
Veteran
Veteran

Post by krash142 »

Another note- there is a famous painter by the name of Vincenzo Cecere. He is related the the Cecere family of Apice, with very little doubt.

I am descended from these families of Apice, to my knowledge.

Cecere, Marra, D'Oro, Russo

If any of these are the same as your ancestors, please let me know.