d'alessandro, palmieri and itri families

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
tessydales
Rookie
Rookie

Re: d'alessandro, palmieri and itri families

Post by tessydales »

PS: I've just written to Steven Naimoli (the man who put up the Naimoli website)
Pippi
tessydales
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tessydales »

Thank God we've clarified this elevator job thing: Nan Teresa kept saying her Dad was very much appreciated for his responsibilities in the field of elevators, it was a detail that she constantly emphasised, but the data you found didn't seem to confirm this. Now we've discovered it was her uncle Eliseo who was an elevator man!!!
tessydales
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tessydales »

Hi there,
no luck with Steven Naimoli. He's never heard the names and doesn't know anything about other Naimolis.
Well, at least we've tried...
Pippi
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Pippi
That's a shame.
Sometimes just having the names on the forum helps.
We have a lot of posters who get here just by doing a google search on their surname :D .
Here are two other forums that you may want to post your 'looking for' surnames on
genforum:
http://genforum.genealogy.com/italy/
rootsweb:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/
Valarie
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

tessydales wrote:Thank God we've clarified this elevator job thing: Nan Teresa kept saying her Dad was very much appreciated for his responsibilities in the field of elevators, it was a detail that she constantly emphasised, but the data you found didn't seem to confirm this. Now we've discovered it was her uncle Eliseo who was an elevator man!!!
Pippi
Maybe her dad got Eliseo his job :wink:
Valarie
tessydales
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tessydales »

I've posted a Naimoli message on genforum, but I can't manage to work out how the rootsweb site works. How do I post a message?
Maybe that's due to the fact I'm very tired, having worked very hard for two days, having spent my little free time glued to a pc, and it being quite late here, but I'm so willing to go on searching!!!
Take care,
Pippi
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Pippi,
I'd go to the 'general' board for Italy:
http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.w ... al/mb.ashx
Once there 'start a new thread'
Valarie
tessydales
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tessydales »

Done! What would I do without your help?
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

tessydales wrote:Done! What would I do without your help?
Probably get a full night's sleep! :wink:
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

From Facebook:

"Janine Naimoli Frederick (Jersey Shore, NJ) wrote
at 11:53pm on January 10th, 2009
genealogy search results: Today, I found out my Great-great Grandfather was Antonio Naimoli, born in Salerno, Campagna in 1852. He came to the US when he was about 48. He was married to Adelina/ElainaContenta at the time. The strange thing is, the NY census data i found says Antonio was living in NYC with his slightly younger brother- also named Antonio (i'm confused)- and his younger brother's family. I'm not sure if Antonio had more brothers and sisters who werein Italy or came over at a different time. I am having a hard time finding a birth and death record for either of the Antonio's. If any of you have a link to any of this - let me know. Thanks!!! -Janine'

"Janine Naimoli Frederick (Jersey Shore, NJ) wrote
at 12:07am on November 18th, 2008
My grandfather was David Naimoli from NYC - his father was Furentino ( Fiorintino, Michele's brother per the 1902 ship manifest) --Naimoli from the Campagnia region of Italy. Hey - we are all related somehow."

Unfortunately, it appears Janine is no longer a member of facebook or has opted not to give an email address.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
tessydales
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tessydales »

Hi Biff,
how did you get hold of this? Is there a special section of FB devoted to genealogy research?
Do you think I could find Janine's postal address on the NJ white pages?
I'll also try and google her name now. I'll let you know what happens.
She seems to be the person we're looking for.
Take care,
Pippi
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Hi Pippi,

I've been a member of Facebook for a few months now. I joined hoping to make contact with other relatives in the US or in Italy but have not found anyone thus far. I've limited my "Friends" to very few people since my reason for joining was genealogical not social.

I found Janine's posts by searching for "Naimoli" and located a group for folks with the Naimoli surname where her comments were posted. I was unable to locate her on whitepages.com. I'll continue to see if I can find any further information on her. If so, I'll send the details in a PM to you since I don't like to post personal information on a public board without someone's permission.

Later,
Biff
tessydales
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tessydales »

Hi Biff,
I've only just managed to be put in touch with her!
I'll let you know what she says. Fingers crossed!
Pippi
PS: if you think I can help with your searches here in Italy let me know. I'm not very good at these things, but I can try.
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

Pippi,

It's been gratifying for me to have helped you and your Nan Teresa but my finds were based on the great work which Valarie did. Please do let us know what Janine says. I'm going to continue searching to see what else I can find which might help put you in contact with other living relatives here in the states.

Auguri,
Biff
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Aww Biff, you're the icing on the cake - the best part :D .
It's always a delight working with you, besides being a great researcher, you always manage to take the search that extra step further.
Valarie

Pippi,
Please let us know if you find out anything else on the D'Alessandro/Itri folks. It's odd that there is no trace of them in Philadelphia. I keep going back to the record that wldspirit found (page 1). If only we could find that family in Philadelphia for a short time...
Valarie