Help finding Giovanna Fradella and Raimondo Imbro children and their marriages

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Re: Help finding Giovanna Fradella and Raimondo Imbro children and their marriages

Post by darkerhorse »

Is it possible they are related to your ggm and not your ggf?
lyn1982
Elite
Elite

Re: Help finding Giovanna Fradella and Raimondo Imbro children and their marriages

Post by lyn1982 »

One of the matches in the cluster (34cm match) has connections to Cerda, but I don't think so. They would have to be grandparents of hers and I have DNA connections to both of her parents lines so I don't think I have a break. I did note one match in the cluster has connections to Porto Emperdocle, Cerda, and Niagara Falls. I can't find connection between them and the other matches. cerda/porto emperdocle/niagara falls connection. This is the note I made for them:

Rosalino Faso
1886–1964 born in cerda, palermo he and a brother immigrated to Niagara falls

Antonina Marino
1902–1985 born in girgeni agrigento 2nd wife of rosalino

connection is thro which line tho? Can't be both as Giuseppe is born in 1896.

I mentioned this couple before I think. The Rosalino even has a brother Domenico born in 1870s who settled in Niagara Falls. This is their (Rosolino and Anatonina's) marriage record: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:246Z-49X

As for the brother Domenico he married a Jennie DiPasqualie and they had their earliest children in the 1900s. But there seems some evidence of children with a Domenico Faso and mother Maria in the area. I made note to research it more. Since he's from Cerda tho I can't picture that he would connect to my great grandfathers line, I'd think connection more likely thro my great grandmothers line. This dna match is on ancestry so I can't see exact chromosome I match them on, My thoughts are this match happens to have matches from both areas and I match them on the Cerda line and all the Porto Emperdocle matches we share are by coincidence. Or that I match them on their Porto Eperdocle line but them having ancestry from Cerda is a coincidence. I haven't gotten their tree far enough back to find any connections. I just know connection is thro one of their lines as I have matches descended from diff children of theirs.
lyn1982
Elite
Elite

Post by lyn1982 »

Raimondo Imbro died in 1887:

https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... &pId=86424

And he and Giovanna Fradella married in 1864 and she was born in 1851 (seriously what is with all the 12-15 year old brides on this line, he had children from his first marriage probably older then her). Anyway they could have maybe have children right up until he died: This is what I have so far for their children:

Vincenza Imbro 1865–? married Raefaele DeLeo 1881 (keeping the child bride thing going)

Michaela Imbro 1871?–? married ? Cologero Trupia https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=1946817 line traced back, no dna connections in spite of Iacono surname.

Antonino Imbro 1871–1925 married Carmela Terrasi in early 1900s, immigrated and died in NYC.

Eugene Imbro born 29 JAN 1877 married Maria Cristina SanFilippo in early 1900s also immigrated and died in NYC

Virginia Imbro- ? married Calogero Lo Petro in 1908.

Annunziata Imbro- ? (I can't remember where I found this one, I may have forgot to write the birth or marriage in my tree)

Empedocle Imbro- ? (unconfirmed, found on ancestry family trees)

Alfredo Imbro- ? (unconfirmed, found on ancestry family trees)

There may be more children too of course. The Virginia one I found is unknown as no ancestry family trees list her.
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

Hi.
For the document you linked above, act n. 1 part 2B of 1918:
It is not a new transcription of the marriage of 1881, it's only a correction.
The Tribunale Civile (Civil Court) of Girgenti stated that in the marriage act of 1881 n. 50 the surname of the spouse was written incorrectly D'Aleo.
Instead it should be: Deleo.
I didn't see if you found his birth act: it was Deleo?
Also the number of the marriage act is here written as 50, not 56 as I read on the side note of the birth act of Vincenza Imbrò.
lyn1982
Elite
Elite

Post by lyn1982 »

Thanks for reply.

So no info on parents, etc in the record? That's a bummer. I suppose I'll have to try to find his death record to find his parents.

I haven't found his birth record as 1850s birth records require a familyhistory center to view. Darkerhorse kindly found this transcript on ancestry, but it is of a D'aleo birth not a Deleo birth. I wonder if they were just changing their surname tho rather then correcting because D'aleo is common in this region https://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse ... cessSource
Name: Raffaele D'Aleo
Birth Date: 23 apr 1850
Birth Place: Porto Empedocle, Agrigento, Italy
Baptism Date: 23 apr 1850
Baptism Place: Porto Empedocle, Agrigento, Italy
Father: Calogero D'Aleo
Mother: Maria Sumia
FHL Film Number: 1468073

But without seeing the record to see if it has notation of his marriage there's no way to be certain it's the same Raffaele Deleo. It probably is given 1850 fits age given for him on one of his children's birth records. I'll check at a familyhistory center sometime if I can't find a death record of his that lists his parents. Not even sure that I decend from these two, I might decend from one of Vincenza Imbro's siblings. I just gotta figure out which one of the siblings spouses I have DNA matches to.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

This is the 1850 index listing for the birth of Rafaelle D'Aleo with his parents noted. I didn't find the actual birth record.
lyn1982
Elite
Elite

Post by lyn1982 »

Wow! Thanks! How did you find that? Are you at a familyhistory center right now?
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

This is the 1900 death record for Assunta Deleo, age two, in PE.

Her parents were Domenico Deleo and Maria Pedalino (?).
cedrone
Master
Master

Post by cedrone »

It's what I asked, had that name also at birth? Yes, it seems it's the same person, with name D'Aleo at the birth, not only at the marriage, if it was a mistake it was made before the birth, you should verify if the age is correct on the children's birth acts, but not always they were exact. Better if you find the death act.
Later I'll look again your documents.

I said a similar case of a Court who changed the surname of some persons, not yet understood if it was due to a mistake or something else.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

I'm at home. The FHC is closed.

I found the index online. I forget where. I'll have to check again.
lyn1982
Elite
Elite

Post by lyn1982 »

Thanks darkerhorse. Does it say Domenico's age? For him to be related to my dna matches he would have to be born in early 1880s to Raffaele De Leo and Vincenza Imbro. I assume he'd be born in 1881 unless he was born elsewhere, but then this couple didn't marry until mid 1881.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

No age for parents.

It says they live in PE but it doesn't necessarily mean they were born there, I suppose.

I just thought the Domenico-Maria P parentage would be of interest.
lyn1982
Elite
Elite

Post by lyn1982 »

Here's what I've noted down for Deleo births. Domenico may be in a missing year cause I found none.

1882 births the couple had no children even tho they married in 1881. These are all the 1882 Deleo births:

55 giuseppe father alfonso https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... bel=Return
154 cologero father mariano: https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... bel=Return
222: Leonardo father Salvatore: https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... bel=Return
295 Gerlanda father Vincenzo: https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... bel=Return
303 Cologero father Daniel: https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/co ... bel=Return

I'll go back and check 1881 births later in case they "had" to marry.

1883: 23 maria 47 Stefano 160 Angela 161 Carmelo 204 Elvivia 183 Alfonso

1884 births and index page missing

1885: 78 Vincenzo 81 Cologero 181 Giovanna

1886: 83 Giuseppa 218 Grazia 349 Cologero

1887 10 Esmeralda 137 Cologero 162 Vincenza 224 Giuseppa

Domenico Deleo would have to be born in 1881 to be related to mine unless his birth is missing in the index. But this couple married in Sept 1881 didn't they? Tho maybe they had to marry. It is a lil weird they had no child in 1882.

edit: 1881 births are missing. So I'd have to find his marriage record.
lyn1982
Elite
Elite

Post by lyn1982 »

cedrone wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 14:09 It's what I asked, had that name also at birth? Yes, it seems it's the same person, with name D'Aleo at the birth, not only at the marriage, if it was a mistake it was made before the birth, you should verify if the age is correct on the children's birth acts, but not always they were exact. Better if you find the death act.
Later I'll look again your documents.

I said a similar case of a Court who changed the surname of some persons, not yet understood if it was due to a mistake or something else.
Thanks. That's very weird they did that. Thank you for the help.
darkerhorse
Master
Master

Post by darkerhorse »

Are your DNA matches that specific and that definitive pointing to Rafalle Delo and Vincenza Imbro, or could your ggf's father be a brother or cousin Domenico, living in PE but perhaps not even born there?

The death record reads that parents Domenico and Maria are living in PE but doesn't give their ages or places of birth per se.