Birth Record - "Projetta la nutricia"

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
jllaf
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Birth Record - "Projetta la nutricia"

Post by jllaf »

Peg - this is John, who you have just corresponded with in a different post, about interpreting a foundling record. This is a post from a few months ago, where you did indeed say that sometimes a birth mother becomes the adoptive mother for financial reasons.

And you can see from the attachment of the birth record of this post that there was indeed a time of birth - 4am - so I was curious how that could have been determined unless Leonarda herself was present. You said in an earlier post here that you had never seen the name of the wetnurse actually mentioned on a birth record of a "projetta", so I'm wondering if this may have been a special case, and not your typical brith of a foundling. Thanks,
John
maestra36
Master
Master

Re: Birth Record - "Projetta la nutricia"

Post by maestra36 »

John
The record didn't post, but I found the other thread where you uploaded that record to the forum. Livio had translated that record for you and I see where it says 4 a.m. as the time of the birth. I didn't say in that thread though that I had never seen the name of wetnurse mentioned in a birth record for a projetta or proietta (the word can be found written with either a j or an i) . I said I had never seen that info in a BAPTISM record.
Peg