Strange request in translating paragraph!!!!!

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Strange request in translating paragraph!!!!!

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

OK..so I will be spending my day scrolling through more registries...which I actually find fascinating....can I assume though that the birth record for Maria Villagio is my GGrandmother?
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

ginaruiz1998 wrote:OK..so I will be spending my day scrolling through more registries...which I actually find fascinating....can I assume though that the birth record for Maria Villagio is my GGrandmother?
How can you assume that Maria Villagio is your ggrandmother, based only her birth record?
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

I know...I need to find Emilia Trovato's death record and then Giuseppe D'Aveni's marriage record to Maria. I know that on Maria's U.S. death record..her parents are listed as Giacchina Affannato and Carmelo Scardino..and I am just hoping that this is the same Maria that is mentioned on their marriage document. I realize that I got ahead of myself here.
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

I found the Pubblicazioni for Giuseppe d'Aveni and Emilia Trovato...could there be any more or any different information?

Let's see if the link works..https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... c=14215584
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

Ok...so I've scoured the Morti registries for both Novara di Sicilia and Tripi for the years 1893-1897 for Emilia Trovato and I didn't find a thing. I also looked at the marriage registries again for both Comunes for the same years and again..nothing. I stopped at 1897 because I know that Giuseppe D'Aveni and Maria Scardino had a daughter, Giuseppina D'Aveni in July of 1896....there is no record for her in Novara di Sicilia. I thought that, perhaps, if I was able to locate her birth record that too might offer up some clues. Do you have any thoughts or suggestions as to what/where I can do next? I feel like I am close to putting the rest of these pieces together and I'm not ready to give up yet! Again, thank you so much for all your help and for your time! I appreciate it so much!
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

Hi Livio! Well, I was able to do a bit more research on my Great Grandmother, Maria Scardino. I was able to get her death record...which states her date of birth as February 2nd, 1872! That is the same date that Giocchina Affannato and Carmelo Scardino claimed on their marriage information for their daughter, Maria Travato! Any ideas/thoughts on what I could or should do next? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Gina
ginaruiz1998
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ginaruiz1998 »

Hello! I was also able to find the 1910 Census for Superior, WI (where my GGrandparents Giuseppe (Joe) and his wife Maria) were living. It was taken in April of that year. On the Census it lists "number of years married" to which they replied..16 years. Doing the math....that would roughly make the married year 1894. I also know that Giuseppe married an "Emilia" in August of 1893. BUT no death record for this "Emilia" was found. And, as I indicated above....Maria's death record indicates her birth date as 2-2-1872..which is the same date that was given by her parents on their marriage record! Any thoughts or ideas that you have on this mystery is greatly appreciated!

Gina