1948 Case with Luigi Paiano

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
afecad
Elite
Elite

Re: 1948 Case with Luigi Paiano

Post by afecad »

Wow! 20 years, I'm nearly three years into my 1948 case with ICA, and all documents are being translated and apostilled. I hope the case is filed in the courts soon. If all goes well this may take 5 to 6 years total, hopefully not 20! I'm a little concerned with the new law regarding court locations outside of Rome, mine is going to be in Catanzaro.

How long did it take you to get an appointment with your nearest Consulate? I'm looking at SF or LA, and some say it takes a long time, but others I spoke with said otherwise.
qualdom
Veteran
Veteran

Post by qualdom »

afecad wrote: 04 Dec 2023, 17:49 Wow! 20 years, I'm nearly three years into my 1948 case with ICA, and all documents are being translated and apostilled. I hope the case is filed in the courts soon. If all goes well this may take 5 to 6 years total, hopefully not 20! I'm a little concerned with the new law regarding court locations outside of Rome, mine is going to be in Catanzaro.

How long did it take you to get an appointment with your nearest Consulate? I'm looking at SF or LA, and some say it takes a long time, but others I spoke with said otherwise.
It seems that the local courts haven't really introduced any major change in the ratio of favorable to unfavorable rulings. I'm sure you'll be fine.

I've had my Italian passport for 3 months now - the entire process was pretty smooth for me - the worst part without question was correcting my deceased ancestor's birth record with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
afecad
Elite
Elite

Post by afecad »

qualdom wrote: 05 Dec 2023, 21:05

I've had my Italian passport for 3 months now - the entire process was pretty smooth for me - the worst part without question was correcting my deceased ancestor's birth record with the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Congrats! Have you used it, what are your plans? Moving to the EU?

How long did the court case take from being filed to the verdict? Did you have to appeal?

My biggest delay, aside from the pandemic, was all the misspellings and corrections. That alone took the bulk of the time, upwards of a nearly a year to get my own birth certificate corrected. ICA has been good but the translations and apostille process has been slow. ICA said a year after filing for the verdict, if an appeal another year thereafter, but these were based on the older rule.
sushiman2024

Post by sushiman2024 »

Hello, we are doing our case through Luigi as well. Our hearing was October 16, 2023 and we still do not have any decision its been over 4 months. Has anyone else waited this long? We were told it would take less than 4 months. It looks like they also switched judges sometime in January. thank you.
platini

Post by platini »

Hello just to mention my excellent experience with Luigi

Send documentation to Luigi 10/11/2021
Case filed in Roma court 15/12/2021
Audience with Judge 24/7/2023
Acooglimiento totale 31/7/2023
Authenticated copy issued by tribunal 25/1/2024
Birth Certificate issued by Comune 5/3/2024

IN general. great communication during all the process. Totally recommendable for 1948 case