Search found 15 matches

by garyyarg
22 Apr 2010, 21:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pulcini family name in Ascoli Piceno
Replies: 2
Views: 3069

Pulcini family name in Ascoli Piceno

How do I determine if there are still members with this surname living in Ascoli Piceno? Camillo Pulcini immigrated to the US after 1903 and before 1910. Camillo's parents were Giovanni Pulcini and Anna Farinelli. A friend will be in Ascoli in June and he'd like to look up family if anyone remains.
by garyyarg
16 Sep 2009, 02:04
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: ?Raimondi ?
Replies: 1
Views: 3673

?Raimondi ?

I'm trying to help a friend with an Italian ancestor and the only information we have regarding place of birth is from a Kentucky death certificate listing
"Raimondi" as the place of birth. Can anyone tell us where this is and what the local civil office associated with it would be?
Thanks ...
by garyyarg
11 Jul 2009, 03:46
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Raimondi ?
Replies: 4
Views: 7102

Re: Raimondi ?

Laura, Thanks for your response. The spelling is a guesstimate. The death certificate has the birthplace for Joe Dell (Americanization of an Italian name which at present we do not know) as RAYONDI, ITALY. In looking for location names that might be close, we came up with Raimondi. I am currently ...
by garyyarg
09 Jul 2009, 03:54
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Raimondi ?
Replies: 4
Views: 7102

Raimondi ?

I am trying to determine the birthplace of an Italian immigrant who is listed as the father of a deceased in Kentucky, USA and his place of birth is listed as "Raymondi" . State death certificates are often completed a close relative regardless the literacy of the individual. The closest spelling I ...
by garyyarg
02 May 2004, 04:24
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Military Record- Bersaglieri
Replies: 13
Views: 23707

Suanj,
I received a reply today via mail from Archivio di stato di Ascoli Piceno.
It was post marked 26 Apr 2004. The request was submitted via email on April 16, 2004
Thanks !!!

Gary
by garyyarg
30 Apr 2004, 19:50
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Baltimore Maryland
Replies: 4
Views: 5225

Re: Baltimore Query

I would appricate any help you can give me on this matter, thats very kind of you, please e-mail me and I will give you all the details I have.

thanks

e-mail CrmlGrch@aol.com

Pia,
I called all of the A. Masons in the Baltimore directory and there was only one who might have been a hopeful. I ...
by garyyarg
30 Apr 2004, 07:03
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Military Record- Bersaglieri
Replies: 13
Views: 23707

suanj wrote:Hi Gary: normally 15/30 days.. it depends on search difficulty :roll: regards, suanj


Many thanks. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Gary :D
by garyyarg
29 Apr 2004, 19:55
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Military Record- Bersaglieri
Replies: 13
Views: 23707

:P
Hi Suanj,
As you can imagine, I am waiting impatiently. As I told you earlier, I did receive an acknowledgement stating the message had been viewed.
Il messaggio è stato visualizzato nel computer del destinatario alle 16/04/04 10.28
Do you have a general idea of how long it takes to receive ...
by garyyarg
28 Apr 2004, 07:50
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Military Record- Bersaglieri
Replies: 13
Views: 23707

Peter, I have no interest in engaging in a trivial battle with you. The person who helped me has helped numerous other people on this site. It was my choice not to publish the name and I did not ask the individual who assisted me. I can assure you this person is Italian and very knowledgeable ...
by garyyarg
28 Apr 2004, 05:23
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Military Record- Bersaglieri
Replies: 13
Views: 23707

With very helpful assistance by a member of this forum whose name I won't reveal, I did send an email to the director and received an email response acknowledging the receipt of my request. It is my understanding that the request will be researched and I will be informed as to whether or not ...
by garyyarg
27 Apr 2004, 18:11
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Military Record- Bersaglieri
Replies: 13
Views: 23707

Thanks. I have written to the archives for information and received acknowledgment, but no substantive reply yet.

Gary

Hello,
this is the url of state archive in Ascoli Piceno where you can find his military records:
http://wwwdb.archivi.beniculturali.it/SEARCH/BASIS/arcanag/webii/archivio/sdf ...
by garyyarg
20 Apr 2004, 17:59
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Baltimore Maryland
Replies: 4
Views: 5225

aippia wrote:I would appricate any help you can give me on this matter, thats very kind of you, please e-mail me and I will give you all the details I have.

thanks

e-mail CrmlGrch@aol.com
Sent email...waiting further info

gary
by garyyarg
19 Apr 2004, 19:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Baltimore Maryland
Replies: 4
Views: 5225

Re: Baltimore Maryland

I am searching for a uncle who may still live in Baltimore, Maryland USA.

He was married in Sicily to my Aunt for a very short time, and returned to Maryland in 1960. I beleive he can answer some questions for me in regards to my family history. I have his name and birth date and date of marriage ...
by garyyarg
12 Apr 2004, 19:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pulcini ; Farinelli; Santori
Replies: 1
Views: 5065

Pulcini ; Farinelli; Santori

Camillo Pulcini , according to information published at his death, was born in Ascoli-Piceno on October 24, 1880, the son of Giovanni and Anna ( Farinelli) Pulcini. He attended college in Italy and served as an officer in the Bersaglieri division . He immigrated to America in 1901 and there he ...
by garyyarg
12 Apr 2004, 18:20
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Military Record- Bersaglieri
Replies: 13
Views: 23707

Military Record- Bersaglieri

Camillo Pulcini from Ascoli-Piceno served as an officer in the Bersaglieri division. He was born in 1880 and migrated to the USA in 1901. How would I go about acquiring his military records?