Search found 14 matches

by pepperoncini
28 Jun 2012, 19:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Sapienza in Palermo
Replies: 17
Views: 3705

Re: Sapienza in Palermo

Thanks again, Marty and Tessa78!
by pepperoncini
27 Jun 2012, 08:01
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Sapienza in Palermo
Replies: 17
Views: 3705

Re: Sapienza in Palermo

EVerything seems to be fitting right for the profile of Pietro Sapienza, except that the birth date does not sync. I am basing it from the 1930 census that indicated it to be:

May 25, 1895.

But following the file in the birth record, this date (in red) is the precise one.

Distinguishing mark ...
by pepperoncini
27 Jun 2012, 03:13
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Sapienza in Palermo
Replies: 17
Views: 3705

Re: Sapienza in Palermo

Thank you, Tessa. This seems to fit in the file of PIETRO:

Here is a POSSIBLE arrival manifest for Pietro in 1914.

He is 20 (which would put his birth about 1894) and a shoemaker (laborer is crossed out and shoemaker is written above) He lists his last residence as Collesano, Italy (also in ...
by pepperoncini
26 Jun 2012, 19:28
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Sapienza in Palermo
Replies: 17
Views: 3705

Re: Sapienza in Palermo

I have Peter's info on his kids' names and date he passed away, in Nevada in 1976 thru the 1930 census. However, I got no info on the marriage certificate. Any suggestions? Thanks again, Marty.
by pepperoncini
26 Jun 2012, 02:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Sapienza in Palermo
Replies: 17
Views: 3705

Re: Sapienza in Palermo

Thank you, Marty. I really, really appreciate this information. I have been away and have lost track of my login name and password here at Italian Genealogy- but got track of my my old book and finally was able to login here last night. Thanks a lot!
by pepperoncini
25 Jun 2012, 16:04
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Sapienza in Palermo
Replies: 17
Views: 3705

Re: Sapienza in Palermo

Unable to travel to Italy in 2010. We are doing it in 2014. Thank you.
by pepperoncini
25 Jun 2012, 11:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Sapienza in Palermo
Replies: 17
Views: 3705

Sapienza in Palermo

I have not found any connection yet to the family of Pietro Sapienza from Cacamo, Palermo, Italy. Please help! thank you.
by pepperoncini
12 Sep 2009, 14:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for SAPIENZA family from CACCAMO, PALERMO
Replies: 1
Views: 2140

Looking for SAPIENZA family from CACCAMO, PALERMO

I am trying to connect with my husband's relatives in Caccamo. His grandfather was PIETRO SAPIENZA, moved in the USA in 1913 and migrated to Kings, Brooklyn, New York. He died in Feb. 1970. Was married to Ellen (Lena, Adelina) Sapienza and had three kids: Nardina (Leonard/Lee), Sally (Salvatrese ...
by pepperoncini
03 Sep 2009, 03:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pietro and Lena Sapienza
Replies: 2
Views: 3401

Re: Pietro and Lena Sapienza

Thanks a lot. Have been to the website you wrote here. I hope this works well on my research,
by pepperoncini
01 Sep 2009, 18:47
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Looking for SAPIENZA relatives in CACCAMO, Palermo, Sicilia
Replies: 0
Views: 2460

Looking for SAPIENZA relatives in CACCAMO, Palermo, Sicilia

Husband and I are planning a trip in SICILY next year, in autumn 2010. His grandfather's names was PIETRO SAPIENZA and became PETER SAPIENZA in the USA. We would like to connect with his living relatives in Caccamo. Peter was a shoemaker and married LENA SAPIENZA or ADELINE, ELLA. Thank you.
by pepperoncini
01 Sep 2009, 18:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pietro and Lena Sapienza
Replies: 2
Views: 3401

Pietro and Lena Sapienza

Thanks to this website, I was able to pull out information regarding my husband's Italian roots. Husband and I would like to connect with his SAPIENZA roots in CACCAMO, near Palermo, Sicily Italy. I found the information here at www.ancestry.com and at www.ellisisland.org

My husband's grandfather's ...
by pepperoncini
28 Aug 2009, 05:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: SAPIENZA and FALZONE family names and locations in Italy/USA
Replies: 5
Views: 7561

Re: SAPIENZA and FALZONE family names and locations in Italy

Mfjp is no longer a member of this site, however we have several excellent volunteers who are more than capable of fulling any research needs you may have.
Provide as much info as you can on the ancestor in question, full names,
spouse, maiden name if known, birth dates, residence and immigration ...
by pepperoncini
28 Aug 2009, 04:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: SAPIENZA and FALZONE family names and locations in Italy/USA
Replies: 5
Views: 7561

Re: SAPIENZA and FALZONE family names and locations in Italy

Hi Pepperoncini,

There is 1930 census that says that Peter (shoemaker) and "Lina" entered the USA in 1913. Their children were Nardina, Sally and Genieve.. are these the people you are looking for?

There is also a ship's record of a Pietro Sapienza - 1913, only his wife (or sister...) is listed ...
by pepperoncini
29 Dec 2004, 03:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: SAPIENZA and FALZONE family names and locations in Italy/USA
Replies: 5
Views: 7561

SAPIENZA and FALZONE family names and locations in Italy/USA

I am trying to connect with the Sapienza and Falzone families in Italy/USA. My husband's mother was Italian. Her name was Genevieve Sapienza and her parents were Adaline Falzone and Peter Sapienza. I hope you could give me a link to this query. I am starting a family tree for our own family here in ...