Thanks to this website, I was able to pull out information regarding my husband's Italian roots. Husband and I would like to connect with his SAPIENZA roots in CACCAMO, near Palermo, Sicily Italy. I found the information here at www.ancestry.com and at www.ellisisland.org
My husband's grandfather's information is as follows:
NAME: PIETRO SAPIENZA
Adapted name in the USA: PETER SAPIENZA
Born: May 25, 1895
Died: February 1970
Last Residence: 11203 Brooklyn, Kings, New York, USA
SPOUSE: ADELINA FALZONE SAPIENZA
Nicknames: LENA and ELLEN
Born: May 18, 1897
Died: April 1976
Last Residence: 89431 Sparks, Washoe, Nevada, USA
PIETRO and LENA's children were:
1. Nardina (Lee & Leonarda)
2. Salvatrese (Sally)
3. Genevieve (Geri)
PIETRO was a shoemaker in Italy and migrated in the USA in 1913. He opened a shoerepair shop at:
87 Nassau St. (now 132 Fulton St.), in New York, New York, USA.
I would like to know his relatives in Sicily so we could connect. My husband and I plan to take a trip there next year in autumn.
If anyone of you has some information of the above, please write soonest. Thank you!
P.S. Is there a website I could go to to get the birth certificate of PIETRO SAPIENZA in Sicily, Italy?
Pietro and Lena Sapienza
- pepperoncini
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: United States of America
- Contact:
Re: Pietro and Lena Sapienza
Hello!pepperoncini wrote:I would like to know his relatives in Sicily so we could connect. My husband and I plan to take a trip there next year in autumn.
This may help you locate family currently living in Caccamo or Palermo.
Valarie
White pages:
http://www.paginebianche.it/index_en.html
LDS Family Search Letter Writing Guide
Form Letter to a Possible Relative
---
Here's one way to get records:pepperoncini wrote:Is there a website I could go to to get the birth certificate of PIETRO SAPIENZA in Sicily, Italy?
Research in Caccamo by writing to the comune:
Italian form letter generator with instructions:
http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... civile.asp
Address:
Comune di Caccamo
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Corso Umberto I 78
90012 Caccamo (PA)
Sicilia
ITALY
http://www.tuttitalia.it/sicilia/18-caccamo/
---
Website for finding comune addresses:
http://www.nonsolocap.it/
- pepperoncini
- Newbie

- Posts: 14
- Joined: 28 Dec 2004, 00:00
- Location: United States of America
- Contact:
Re: Pietro and Lena Sapienza
Thanks a lot. Have been to the website you wrote here. I hope this works well on my research,
