Search found 19 matches
- 04 Feb 2008, 03:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pacella's from Sulmona or L'Aquilla, Abrruzzi, Ita
- Replies: 4
- Views: 9217
Re: Pacella's from Sulmona or L'Aquilla, Abrruzzi,
Hi Mark! Another town that you might want to look into is Pacentro. It's outside of Sulmona but is in the province of L'Aquila. My tree also includes Pacellas and we are from Pacentro. If you need any help, let me know!
- 13 Jan 2008, 18:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
- Replies: 30
- Views: 48444
Re: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
Good afternoon Louise! Sorry this has taken sooooo long in replying to, but something is wrong with my browser. Anyhow...Your grandmother Maria Concetta was not a sister to my g-grandfather Giuseppe. She however was his dirst cousin! :) I am 100% sure of that!
Based on the info that I have, she was ...
Based on the info that I have, she was ...
- 20 May 2006, 10:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: please help - Italian word
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2845
please help - Italian word
Hi everyone!
I've been reviewing some of the Italian birth records from the LDS and one particular word has me stumped. Does anyone know what "conjuge" means? At first, I thought "dead", but on some of my records the person isn't .
Thanks,
Sher
I've been reviewing some of the Italian birth records from the LDS and one particular word has me stumped. Does anyone know what "conjuge" means? At first, I thought "dead", but on some of my records the person isn't .
Thanks,
Sher
- 02 Jan 2006, 11:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: birth certificate
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3736
birth certificate
I have been trying to locate my g-grandfather's, Vincenzo Bisconti, birth certificate (1887) for quite some time. I recently found his parents marriage certificate (1892) in Pianella, Italy. As you can see, he was born 5 years before they got married. However that is not my biggest problem.
I ...
I ...
- 13 Mar 2005, 05:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
- Replies: 30
- Views: 48444
Re: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
got the email a few minutes ago...the site allowed me right in...I guess part of my subscription includes the Boston passenger lists.
sher
sher
- 13 Mar 2005, 04:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
- Replies: 30
- Views: 48444
Re: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
mfjp,
I was recently told that during Musilinni's(sp.) time in Italy, Vitulazio & Bellona were made into one commue Villa Volturno. Named for the river that flowed by them.
From the marriage certificate the date was December 6, 1906. Why were you hoping otherwise?
If he had a middle name there is ...
I was recently told that during Musilinni's(sp.) time in Italy, Vitulazio & Bellona were made into one commue Villa Volturno. Named for the river that flowed by them.
From the marriage certificate the date was December 6, 1906. Why were you hoping otherwise?
If he had a middle name there is ...
- 12 Mar 2005, 04:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
- Replies: 30
- Views: 48444
Re: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
sorry, didn't see your post
- 12 Mar 2005, 04:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
- Replies: 30
- Views: 48444
Re: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
I found her...Carmela! (Bear with me because I've never entered a link before)
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipmanifest.asp?MID=06832121700249746944&FNM=C&LNM=SCIALDONE&PLNM=SCIALDONE&CGD=F&first_kind=1&last_kind=0&town_kind=0&ship_kind=0&RF=4&pID=102387110021
Name: Scialdone Carmela ...
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipmanifest.asp?MID=06832121700249746944&FNM=C&LNM=SCIALDONE&PLNM=SCIALDONE&CGD=F&first_kind=1&last_kind=0&town_kind=0&ship_kind=0&RF=4&pID=102387110021
Name: Scialdone Carmela ...
- 12 Mar 2005, 04:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
- Replies: 30
- Views: 48444
Re: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
mfjp,
I have been searching for the manifest that contained both Angela and Giuseppe for almost a year. You did it in a matter of minutes! Thank you.
I have a passenger record from ellis island for Giuseppe Scialdone (my g-grandfather) arriving on November 17, 1899 to visit his brother Lorenzo in ...
I have been searching for the manifest that contained both Angela and Giuseppe for almost a year. You did it in a matter of minutes! Thank you.
I have a passenger record from ellis island for Giuseppe Scialdone (my g-grandfather) arriving on November 17, 1899 to visit his brother Lorenzo in ...
- 12 Mar 2005, 03:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
- Replies: 30
- Views: 48444
Re: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
oh my God, you're amazing! :lol:
They really did have family... not sure if you have seen this manifest...
I have never...I checked the Boston passenger records through Ancestry.com and those never came up!
The first manifest for Carmela...http://img149.exs.cx/img149/9677/carmela2jf.jpg
next ...
They really did have family... not sure if you have seen this manifest...
I have never...I checked the Boston passenger records through Ancestry.com and those never came up!
The first manifest for Carmela...http://img149.exs.cx/img149/9677/carmela2jf.jpg
next ...
- 12 Mar 2005, 01:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
- Replies: 30
- Views: 48444
Re: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
mfjp, as far as I can tell they settled in the Hillsville/New Castle, PA area (Alliquippa also). However, they did supposedly have family (Guiseppe's sister, Carmela (Scialdone) Giordano) who settled in the Boston, Mass. I just can't figure out which other relatives they were!! :cry:
Still going ...
Still going ...
- 08 Mar 2005, 01:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
- Replies: 30
- Views: 48444
Re: Scialdone & Russo surnames from Vitulazio
I have found a few of my great-grandfather's family in the New Castle area, as well as some of my graet-grandmother's.
Who might your ancestors be?
It is always exciting to find a possible family connection!
Who might your ancestors be?
It is always exciting to find a possible family connection!
- 26 Feb 2005, 21:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: At a dead end
- Replies: 20
- Views: 18033
Re: At a dead end
The family lived and worked in both Dawson and Raton (10 miles away), New Mexico. To my understanding they were masons.
As for the "step-children" in 1930, Vincenzo's wife was previously married to Carlo Ramunno, who died in the Dawson coalmine explosion in 1913. When he died, my greatgrandmother ...
As for the "step-children" in 1930, Vincenzo's wife was previously married to Carlo Ramunno, who died in the Dawson coalmine explosion in 1913. When he died, my greatgrandmother ...
- 26 Feb 2005, 17:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: At a dead end
- Replies: 20
- Views: 18033
Re: At a dead end
Hi everyone!
I have his passenger record from Ellis Island arriving in 1906 to visit his "uncle" Francesco in New Mexico. I can't find anything on him from that point until the 1920 and 1930 census living in Lowellville, Ohio, with wife Michelina & children (1920 listed his last name as Piscano). I ...
I have his passenger record from Ellis Island arriving in 1906 to visit his "uncle" Francesco in New Mexico. I can't find anything on him from that point until the 1920 and 1930 census living in Lowellville, Ohio, with wife Michelina & children (1920 listed his last name as Piscano). I ...
- 26 Feb 2005, 03:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: At a dead end
- Replies: 20
- Views: 18033
At a dead end
I've been searching for my great-grandfather, Vincenzo Bisconti, for quite a while now. Unfortunately, I can find almost nothing!!
According to my grandmother, she was told that her father, Vincenzo, was born in Pianella, Italy in 1887. He left home at a young age (14 I think) and made his way to ...
According to my grandmother, she was told that her father, Vincenzo, was born in Pianella, Italy in 1887. He left home at a young age (14 I think) and made his way to ...