Search found 63 matches
- 08 Nov 2006, 20:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
- Replies: 115
- Views: 85038
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
So I got the marriage certificate last night from my grandmother. Turns out they obtained the marriage license in West Feliciana Parish but were married in East Baton Rouge Parish. That explains why I couldn't find the license in East Baton Rouge or Orleans Parishes. It doesn't have any information ...
- 08 Nov 2006, 00:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Father's birth certificate is wrong
- Replies: 12
- Views: 14531
Re: Father's birth certificate is wrong
Thanks for the information Ally and Mler.
Mler - About my grandfather's birth certificate... I sent off for it and they sent me an application for a Delayed Birth Certificate since they couldn't find his original birth certificate. To obtain the delayed BC I will need three forms stating his date ...
Mler - About my grandfather's birth certificate... I sent off for it and they sent me an application for a Delayed Birth Certificate since they couldn't find his original birth certificate. To obtain the delayed BC I will need three forms stating his date ...
- 07 Nov 2006, 20:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Father's birth certificate is wrong
- Replies: 12
- Views: 14531
Re: Father's birth certificate is wrong
Thanks for the info Mler.
My grandfather wasn't the one to be naturalized. It was his father. His father filled out a Dec. of Intent right before my grandfather was born but to my knowledge he never became a citizen. It does concern me because even though I don't have a record of him not becoming a ...
My grandfather wasn't the one to be naturalized. It was his father. His father filled out a Dec. of Intent right before my grandfather was born but to my knowledge he never became a citizen. It does concern me because even though I don't have a record of him not becoming a ...
- 07 Nov 2006, 17:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Father's birth certificate is wrong
- Replies: 12
- Views: 14531
Re: Father's birth certificate is wrong
She is still alive. Would she need to request a corrected birth certificate for my father?
Julie
Julie
- 07 Nov 2006, 14:51
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Father's birth certificate is wrong
- Replies: 12
- Views: 14531
Father's birth certificate is wrong
I have been trying to get all my birth, marriage, death certificates together so I can apply for dual citizenship. Last week I found my fathers birth certificate and it's wrong. In the space requesting the fathers date of birth, they have the wrong year. He was born 8 years before that date. My ...
- 07 Nov 2006, 14:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
- Replies: 115
- Views: 85038
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
I have great news!!! A few weeks ago I called my grandmother and spoke to her about her and Salvador's marriage certificate and she said she couldn't find it. When she left him she left everything but her son (my father). Well, last night my aunt called her in a panic because she lost her birth ...
- 21 Oct 2006, 23:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
- Replies: 115
- Views: 85038
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
Joyce that must be him in Alabama otherwise it's a huge coincidence.
He was born in 1918, was shorter than me (I'm 63 inches), middle name George. In 1941 he would have been 23 yrs old and my grandmother remembers him being 26 or 27 when they were married in 1945 or 46.
I'm going to send off for ...
He was born in 1918, was shorter than me (I'm 63 inches), middle name George. In 1941 he would have been 23 yrs old and my grandmother remembers him being 26 or 27 when they were married in 1945 or 46.
I'm going to send off for ...
- 21 Oct 2006, 15:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
- Replies: 115
- Views: 85038
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
Joyce,
I called the Clerk of Court in Baton Rouge and spoke to 2 different people, both of which couldn't find the record. Still waiting on the diocese to call back. I really hope they had better luck finding the marriage record.
As for the military record. I assumed it was him. I know I shouldn't ...
I called the Clerk of Court in Baton Rouge and spoke to 2 different people, both of which couldn't find the record. Still waiting on the diocese to call back. I really hope they had better luck finding the marriage record.
As for the military record. I assumed it was him. I know I shouldn't ...
- 20 Oct 2006, 22:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
- Replies: 115
- Views: 85038
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
Hi Joyce,
I spoke to the Catholic diocese this morning and they are looking but haven't called back. I will call again on Monday. I spoke to my grandmother and she said they were married at the Justice of the Peace and not a church. Since they weren't married in a church, I'm assuming that the ...
I spoke to the Catholic diocese this morning and they are looking but haven't called back. I will call again on Monday. I spoke to my grandmother and she said they were married at the Justice of the Peace and not a church. Since they weren't married in a church, I'm assuming that the ...
- 20 Oct 2006, 15:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
- Replies: 115
- Views: 85038
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
Joyce,
I'm not sure I'll request the delayed birth certificate because I need three documents with his date of birth. I only have 2. I have my dad's birth certificate which states his birthday as January 1926, Salvador's baptismal certificate which states his birthday as January 1918. The church ...
I'm not sure I'll request the delayed birth certificate because I need three documents with his date of birth. I only have 2. I have my dad's birth certificate which states his birthday as January 1926, Salvador's baptismal certificate which states his birthday as January 1918. The church ...
- 19 Oct 2006, 18:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
- Replies: 115
- Views: 85038
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
I didn't apply for his birth certificate in Italy. I applied in New Orleans. I did go through myitaliancitizenship.com for my great grandfather's birth certificate (in Corleone) but they couldn't find anything either. I'm beginning to get a little frustrated because it seems like I'm running into ...
- 19 Oct 2006, 17:15
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with translation into Italian (I received a letter!!)
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10471
Re: Help with translation into Italian (I received a letter!
Thank you Suanj for your reply and your email!
Julie
Julie
- 19 Oct 2006, 17:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
- Replies: 115
- Views: 85038
Re: Saccaro/ Provenzano Surname
I finally received a letter regarding my grandfathers birth certificate. I sent it in April and I just received a response yesterday!
They could not find any record of Salvador Saccaro's birth certificate so they sent me an application for a delayed certificate of birth. Does anyone know what this ...
They could not find any record of Salvador Saccaro's birth certificate so they sent me an application for a delayed certificate of birth. Does anyone know what this ...
- 18 Oct 2006, 02:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help with translation into Italian (I received a letter!!)
- Replies: 9
- Views: 10471
Re: Help with translation into Italian
I received a response last week from one of my letters and I think I know about what she's saying but I'm not really sure. If anyone can translate for me, I'd appreciate it. I think she tells me her father passed away and she's tried to do some research but no luck?
Ciao Julie, sono Teresa Saccaro ...
Ciao Julie, sono Teresa Saccaro ...
- 01 Oct 2006, 21:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Letter to Italy
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8455
Re: Letter to Italy
I just sent 5 letters from Louisiana to Corleone last week and they each cost .84 cents.jjk_16_21 wrote:how much would a typical letter to Italy cost going from Michigan to Calabria? Any Clue? I have ten letters going out, just trying to get an estimate on the cost.
Hope that helps!
Julie