Search found 10 matches
- 03 Aug 2009, 01:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Domenico Albani
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2696
Re: Domenico Albani
Sorry, I forgot to add that he was at the camp for approx two years (circa 1943-45) and worked in the nearby village of Thornbury on a farm run by the Priest family.
- 03 Aug 2009, 01:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Domenico Albani
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2696
Domenico Albani
Sorry to be so vague with the information, however, I am trying to trace family members of a gentleman by the name of Domenico Albani:
Born circa 1926
Mother German/Father Italian
Prisoner of war at No 42 Camp, Exhibition Field Holsworthy, Devon, UK
Had red hair!!!
Any leads/information would be ...
Born circa 1926
Mother German/Father Italian
Prisoner of war at No 42 Camp, Exhibition Field Holsworthy, Devon, UK
Had red hair!!!
Any leads/information would be ...
- 01 Dec 2006, 09:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: WWII POW THORNBURY DEVON - ALBANI/ALBANO - NOT ALBERTO!!!
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10969
Re: WWII POW THORNBURY DEVON - ALBANI/ALBANO - NOT ALBERTO!!
Thanks. I have a letter to go to the Ministry so fingers crossed they will be able to help!
- 30 Nov 2006, 19:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: WWII POW THORNBURY DEVON - ALBANI/ALBANO - NOT ALBERTO!!!
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10969
Re: WWII POW THORNBURY DEVON - ALBANI/ALBANO - NOT ALBERTO!!
I believe this may help answer your question...here is a listing from the Italian White Pages for Domenico Albani..
Albani
Hope this helps... :D :D
That's fantastic :D :D Thank you and suanj for your help so far!
Now, sorry to sound a complete idiot but just to make sure as an example ...
Albani
Hope this helps... :D :D
That's fantastic :D :D Thank you and suanj for your help so far!
Now, sorry to sound a complete idiot but just to make sure as an example ...
- 30 Nov 2006, 16:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: WWII POW THORNBURY DEVON - ALBANI/ALBANO - NOT ALBERTO!!!
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10969
Re: WWII POW THORNBURY DEVON - ALBANI/ALBANO - NOT ALBERTO!!
currently are in Italy, only 8 Domenico ALBANI living, but Albani is a surname of so large presence in Italy... I believe that he was of north Italy... but only a my idea... suanj
PS: if you can find by RED CROSS almost some infos... they must to have.. currently I making a similar search in UK for ...
PS: if you can find by RED CROSS almost some infos... they must to have.. currently I making a similar search in UK for ...
- 30 Nov 2006, 16:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: WWII POW THORNBURY DEVON - ALBANI/ALBANO - NOT ALBERTO!!!
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10969
Re: WWII POW THORNBURY DEVON - ALBANI/ALBANO - NOT ALBERTO!!
I suppose as a POW it would make sense the farm owner and his family calling him by his surname. Have you any ideas how I could try to trace him, addresses to write to Italy or websites etc? Thanks.suanj wrote:no Albani is surname and Domenico is first name...suanj
- 30 Nov 2006, 15:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: WWII POW THORNBURY DEVON - ALBANI/ALBANO - NOT ALBERTO!!!
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10969
Re: WWII POW THORNBURY DEVON - ALBANI/ALBANO - NOT ALBERTO!!
it could be viceversa? Domenico ALBANO/I? suanj [/color]
I have managed to speak to the farm owners son who knew the POW. He advised that he was known to all as Albani, however, I am having difficulty confirming this as a forename. He said his surname was Demonico but wasn't sure of the spelling ...
I have managed to speak to the farm owners son who knew the POW. He advised that he was known to all as Albani, however, I am having difficulty confirming this as a forename. He said his surname was Demonico but wasn't sure of the spelling ...
- 30 Nov 2006, 09:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: WWII POW THORNBURY DEVON - ALBANI/ALBANO - NOT ALBERTO!!!
- Replies: 13
- Views: 10969
WWII POW THORNBURY DEVON - ALBANI/ALBANO - NOT ALBERTO!!!
The details I have are vague, however, I am trying to trace some information regarding a WWII Italian POW who I believe was at the Exhibition Field Camp, Holsworthy, Devon UK. For approx two years (circa 1943-45) he worked in the nearby village of Thornbury on a farm run by the Priest family.
He ...
He ...
- 29 Nov 2006, 15:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: 'ALBERTO' - ITALIAN WWII POW - HOLSWORTHY/THORNBUR
- Replies: 4
- Views: 7901
Re: 'ALBERTO' - ITALIAN WWII POW - HOLSWORTHY/THOR
Prisoner of War Camps – Great Britain (Numerical order):
SS 343 047
190
42
Exhibition Field Camp, Holsworthy, IT WAS a German Working Camp, of
STANDARD type.. I believe that you can to contact the RED CROSS in UK, because without the surname it is impossible to know... also i believe that in the ...
SS 343 047
190
42
Exhibition Field Camp, Holsworthy, IT WAS a German Working Camp, of
STANDARD type.. I believe that you can to contact the RED CROSS in UK, because without the surname it is impossible to know... also i believe that in the ...
- 29 Nov 2006, 13:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: 'ALBERTO' - ITALIAN WWII POW - HOLSWORTHY/THORNBUR
- Replies: 4
- Views: 7901
'ALBERTO' - ITALIAN WWII POW - HOLSWORTHY/THORNBUR
The details I have are vague, however, I am trying to trace some information regarding a WWII Italian POW who I believe was at the Exhibition Field Camp, Holsworthy, Devon UK. For approx two years (circa 1943-45) he worked in the nearby village of Thornbury on a farm run by the Priest family.
He ...
He ...