Search found 16 matches

by jcavallo
17 Oct 2008, 20:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Giordanelli Information
Replies: 14
Views: 15134

Re: Looking for Giordanelli Information

Hi, Noticed in one of vj's replies the mention of a Emerenziana Cavallo. My grandfather Giovanni Cavallo came to NY in 1911 from a small town in Campania named Piaggine. There were other Cavallos in the neighboring towns. I don't know if Emerenziana is related. Possibily this will be of some help if ...
by jcavallo
11 Aug 2008, 23:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Help with NY Italian Cemetery please
Replies: 21
Views: 21164

Re: Help with NY Italian Cemetery please

There are many famous and infamous Italians buried in St. John's Cemetery in Middle Village, Queens. My great grandparents and grandparents, as well as many other family members are buried there. If you find family there and have any luck with death certificates, let me to know. I've been thinking ...
by jcavallo
25 Apr 2007, 21:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Immigration to South America
Replies: 6
Views: 9744

Re: Immigration to South America

Many thanks to all for your generous help. I will let you know if I have any success.
by jcavallo
17 Apr 2007, 23:13
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Immigration to South America
Replies: 6
Views: 9744

Immigration to South America

Has anyone had any luck tracing relatives that immigrated to South America from Italy? I am trying to find info on a great uncle who went to either Argentina or Brazil in the 20's. So far, I have not had any success. Thanks.
by jcavallo
06 Apr 2007, 12:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: need help with surname
Replies: 3
Views: 5779

Re: need help with surname

Thanks so much for your help and the link vj. I was really puzzled by that name. I think you've put me on the right track. I checked and there are also quite a few of both names in the neighboring towns of Piaggine and Valle Dell'Angelo.
by jcavallo
05 Apr 2007, 19:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: need help with surname
Replies: 3
Views: 5779

need help with surname

I found the name Nunziatta Mastade-- on my grandfather's death certificate listed as his mother's maiden name. The last two letters are somewhat illegible but it looks like they are ia. I can not find this surname on any websites. Anybody have an idea what this surname might really be? My ...
by jcavallo
11 Mar 2007, 13:34
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: genealogy
Replies: 1
Views: 4507

Re: genealogy

Estela, My great grandfather's name was also Antonio Errico. He and my great grandmother, Grazia Sofia, came from Laurino, which is not to far to the west of Potenza and Pignola. Laurino is part of the Parco Nationale Di Cilento. Antonio was born in 1872 and came to the US in 1892. So far I have not ...
by jcavallo
09 Mar 2007, 19:57
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Errico Surname
Replies: 5
Views: 11804

Re: Errico Surname

Hi Trish, I am currently waiting for a microfilm from Family Search. I did check the pagine bianche, but there were no Erricos listed in Laurino. I have found several Sofias (Antonio's wife was Grazia Sofia). I am planning a trip there for the summer of 2008. Thanks for the info. John
by jcavallo
02 Mar 2007, 17:28
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Errico Surname
Replies: 5
Views: 11804

Re: Errico Surname

Looking for Italian records or info. As far as I know he never visited the US. I got his name from my great grandfather's (Anthony Enrico, actually Antonio Errico) death certificate. Antonio's mother was listed as Nunziatta Mastadeia. Do not know Cosmo's year of birth, Antonio was born in 1872.
by jcavallo
01 Mar 2007, 23:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Errico Surname
Replies: 5
Views: 11804

Errico Surname

Searching for information about Cosmo Errico, my gggf, and other possible Errico relatives from Laurino, Salerno.
by jcavallo
01 Mar 2007, 00:40
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Laureno ? near Naples
Replies: 2
Views: 5285

Re: Laureno ? near Naples

There is a town named Laurino in Campania south south west of Salerno. Use Google maps and search for Laurino, It. It is a town of about 2000 people. The community has a website at http://www.comune.laurino.sa.it/
by jcavallo
19 Feb 2007, 16:28
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia
Replies: 9
Views: 11513

Re: Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia

Thank you for the information. What does "Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella." mean?
by jcavallo
16 Feb 2007, 19:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia
Replies: 9
Views: 11513

Re: Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia

Thanks for the info. I am not familiar with that site. I will check it out.
by jcavallo
16 Feb 2007, 19:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia
Replies: 9
Views: 11513

Re: Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia

Thanks for the info. I am not familiar with that site. I will check it out.
by jcavallo
16 Feb 2007, 02:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia
Replies: 9
Views: 11513

Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia

Looking for information on Cavallo and Marino families from Piaggine. Also looking for Enrico and Sofia from Laurino. Thank You.