Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia
Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia
Looking for information on Cavallo and Marino families from Piaggine. Also looking for Enrico and Sofia from Laurino. Thank You.
Re: Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia
JCavallo:
I found 4 Marino's from Piaginne on Stephen Morse's immigration site:
Marino, Alfonzo Piaggine, Italy 27 (Age) 1894(birth yr) 1921(arrival yr)
Marino, Francesco Piaggine, Italy 18 1903 1921
Marino, Rosa Piaggine 11 1889 1900
Marino, Teresa Piaggine, Italy 25 1896 1921
Didn't find any Cavallo's listed from Piaginne.
Mer
I found 4 Marino's from Piaginne on Stephen Morse's immigration site:
Marino, Alfonzo Piaggine, Italy 27 (Age) 1894(birth yr) 1921(arrival yr)
Marino, Francesco Piaggine, Italy 18 1903 1921
Marino, Rosa Piaggine 11 1889 1900
Marino, Teresa Piaggine, Italy 25 1896 1921
Didn't find any Cavallo's listed from Piaginne.
Mer
Re: Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia
Thanks for the info. I am not familiar with that site. I will check it out.
Re: Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia
Thanks for the info. I am not familiar with that site. I will check it out.
Re: Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia
Microfilm is available for Laurino:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
to locate a library near you:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp
Guide for obtaining microfilm:
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =2581.html
two genealogical word list:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... Italia.ASP
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/search/ ... LLatin.ASP
wldspirit
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
to locate a library near you:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... et_fhc.asp
Guide for obtaining microfilm:
http://italiangenealogy.tardio.com/Foru ... =2581.html
two genealogical word list:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/ ... Italia.ASP
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/search/ ... LLatin.ASP
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Re: Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia
Thank you for the information. What does "Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella." mean?
Re: Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia
The melody's changed but the song remains the same.
wldspirit
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
- boblawrence
- Newbie

- Posts: 2
- Joined: 08 Jan 2008, 19:28
Re: Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia
My great-grandfather was Vincenzo Sofia from Laurino.
Re: Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia
Sorry,
I believe it means " the musicians have changed, but the music remains the same"? Or, "the players"... etc...."The status quo remains..."
I would also read a political implication.
It may vary from place to place, but the meaning remains...
AH! the subtlety of the Italian language...
Aether
I believe it means " the musicians have changed, but the music remains the same"? Or, "the players"... etc...."The status quo remains..."
I would also read a political implication.
It may vary from place to place, but the meaning remains...
AH! the subtlety of the Italian language...
Aether
"Fiori di grano.
Amici piu' di prima saremo;
Amici piu' di prima da lontano".
Amici piu' di prima saremo;
Amici piu' di prima da lontano".
Re: Surnames Cavallo, Marino, Enrico and Sofia
Similar to an American slang....
same "bull...different day.....
But said in a much more polite way!!
wldspirit
same "bull...different day.....
But said in a much more polite way!!
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."

