Search found 6 matches

by Michelle123
29 Mar 2008, 12:43
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Where is Catazarro Reggio Calabria ?
Replies: 2
Views: 4518

Where is Catazarro Reggio Calabria ?

searching for Juffrida and Ferriolo families. where is this town located?
by Michelle123
08 Mar 2008, 22:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Dominic Juffrida or Guiffrida? Seaching for...
Replies: 1
Views: 3416

Dominic Juffrida or Guiffrida? Seaching for...

My grandfather came to the USA in about 1900. We use the name Yuffrida. I found out that he came from Catazarro, Reggio, Calabria. His parents were Michelangelo and Angelina. I have a manifest for Dominico Juffrida from S. Pierto, coming to NY but my relatives say that is not him. Searching for ...
by Michelle123
25 Mar 2007, 19:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Yuffrida or Juffrida - searching for.
Replies: 12
Views: 9534

Re: Yuffrida or Juffrida - searching for.

I'll look into getting a copy of his social security application. This Dominic Iulle listed as his cousin is not known to us. We know of no relatives. All we knew is that my grandfather came here alone. I just found that manifest last week, and was suprised. I'm sure its him because we knew his ...
by Michelle123
25 Mar 2007, 17:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Yuffrida or Juffrida - searching for.
Replies: 12
Views: 9534

Re: Yuffrida or Juffrida - searching for.

Thank you. If I send a letter, how do I address it properly? My grandfathers life has always been a mystery. He died in 1982 here in Pennsylvania, USA. He was a shoemaker in Italy. My father and Aunts seem to know nothing about him. My father seems to think that he came from Gavia. Is Gavia near S ...
by Michelle123
25 Mar 2007, 16:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Yuffrida or Juffrida - searching for.
Replies: 12
Views: 9534

Re: Yuffrida or Juffrida - searching for.

Yes, I belive that is him, I also found that manifest not long ago. I'm searching for any possible family in Italy. My birth name is also Yuffrida. Thank you for your help and support.
by Michelle123
25 Mar 2007, 13:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Yuffrida or Juffrida - searching for.
Replies: 12
Views: 9534

Yuffrida or Juffrida - searching for.

Searching for family name either Yuffrida or Juffrida. Place of origin is belived to be either S. Piertro or Gavia. My grandfather was Dominic, came to the US in 1923 and left behind a wife Laura. Manifest has the name Juffrida but he used Yuffrida here in the US.