Search found 10 matches

by JNicholas
14 Apr 2007, 08:08
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Treano/Triano/Troiano/Fergoni
Replies: 11
Views: 13616

Re: Treano/Triano/Troiano/Fergoni

John,

Still looking for ship manifests. In searching for the surnames Treano, Triano and Troiano in the province of Cosenza on italia.intettaglio.it, there were no hits for Treano nor Triano, but a number for Troiano.

# or people/ Comune Name/ Province

16.56 Villapiana Cosenza
13.80 Trebisacce ...
by JNicholas
13 Apr 2007, 10:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Feudale
Replies: 8
Views: 6320

Re: Feudale

vj wrote:Normally, Italian women used their maiden names
on the manifest (in Italy they keep their maiden
names). Her children should be listed under their
father's name.
Valarie
Thanks Valerie. That is VERY interesting.
by JNicholas
13 Apr 2007, 10:03
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Feudale
Replies: 8
Views: 6320

Re: Feudale

Biff83 wrote:John,

edited to change comment

Was your grandfather Nicola Nestico?

Biff
Biff,

Yes. They settled in Marion Heights. It was my paternal grandparents who were in Girardville after a stint in NY state.

Thanks!
by JNicholas
12 Apr 2007, 22:52
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Feudale
Replies: 8
Views: 6320

Re: Feudale

Thanks Valarie. I'll check that. Her mother was Barbara Pirelli but would she be traveling under her maiden name?
by JNicholas
12 Apr 2007, 22:16
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Feudale
Replies: 8
Views: 6320

Feudale

Does anyone have a clue on this? I've checked everywhere and have come up with nothing using all kinds of different spellings including P and T.

My maternal grandmother, Concetta Feudale (Married name: Nestico) was born in Isca on 1 April 1899 and came to this country around 1904. Her parents were ...
by JNicholas
12 Apr 2007, 17:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Treano/Triano/Troiano/Fergoni
Replies: 11
Views: 13616

Re: Treano/Triano/Troiano/Fergoni

Thanks. That has to be it. They got the name wrong.
by JNicholas
12 Apr 2007, 16:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Treano/Triano/Troiano/Fergoni
Replies: 11
Views: 13616

Re: Treano/Triano/Troiano/Fergoni

Thanks. Let me take a closer look. I know they lived in New York but this is the first I've heard of Ohio. I was told that he died in a mine accident around Girardville, PA but what you've found looks very good. Thanks again.
by JNicholas
12 Apr 2007, 15:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Treano/Triano/Troiano/Fergoni
Replies: 11
Views: 13616

Re: Treano/Triano/Troiano/Fergoni

Hello JNicholas,

Welcome to the Forum! It's best to work from the present backwards. If you can provide your father's name, his siblings' names, their birth years, where they lived and where your grandfather emigrated to in the US, that information would help locate possible records.

Thanks for ...
by JNicholas
12 Apr 2007, 12:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Treano/Triano/Troiano/Fergoni
Replies: 11
Views: 13616

Treano/Triano/Troiano/Fergoni

If anyone has any information on the above names, I would appreciate it. My father told me the family was from Cosenza, Calabria. The name Treano has been spelled differently. My Grandmother was Caterina Fergoni. My grandfather may have been Ralph. I don't have much of a clue. Many thanks.
by JNicholas
12 Apr 2007, 12:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Gidaro/Nestico/Feudale/Procopio
Replies: 5
Views: 11291

Re: Gidaro/Nestico/Feudale/Procopio

I recently found out that my Italian side of the family might meet up randomly with my Polish side of the family. My family was from Isca Sullo Ionio and the surnames are Gidaro/Procopio/Pitello. At least that is what I know right now. My Polish side of the family is Coveleski and my great aunt ...