Search found 14 matches
- 13 Sep 2008, 21:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship is confusing! HELP ME
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7234
Re: Dual Citizenship is confusing! HELP ME
what does that have to do with anything? the only 2 countries which recognized dual citizenship are Italy and Ireland. Not Australia.
- 08 Apr 2008, 16:06
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8637
Re: Naturalization
Salvatore was naturalized I have proof of that. I need to know where I can find out if my grandfather, Michele was naturalized. He is whom I would be able to claim citizenship through. Where can I find these records. Why would a record of Salvatore be on footnote and not a record of Michele? My ...
- 08 Apr 2008, 02:17
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8637
Re: Naturalization
As I have stated they were not married at the time of his naturalization. It even says his spouse is blank in every document. I'm not concerned with Salvatore. I need to find the papers for my great grandmother and my grandfather.
- 07 Apr 2008, 23:51
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8637
Re: Naturalization
Yes, that is my grandfather with his family. That would be nice if anyone had a subscription seeing as how I don't have a credit card. If my great grandmother, grandfather or great aunt had naturalized, wouldn't their records such as petitions also show up there though?
- 07 Apr 2008, 17:40
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Naturalization
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8637
Naturalization
I tried to get information out of my great aunt about my grandfather but it was difficult to say the least. My grandfather Michele (Michael) Bartoletti was born May 4th 1918 in Italy. My great aunt, Anna, was saying something about he became a citizen when he was 16 and she became one too when she ...
- 14 Sep 2007, 17:28
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: I have a new problem...
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4379
Re: I have a new problem...
His birth certificate is in Italy. He lived in the U.S. since he was 6! Your examples are of U.S. citizens living out of the U.S. I want to know if he still has Italian citizenship. I am getting very frustrated calling consulates. I have called all consulates between New York and San Francisco. I ...
- 14 Sep 2007, 17:03
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: I have a new problem...
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4379
I have a new problem...
So...let's start from the top. My great-grandfather Salvatore Bartoletti come over and was naturalized. He then went back to Italy and had my grandfather. I can't find any record of my great-mother's naturalization. When she died they didn't even know how to spell her name so they just wrote Mary ...
- 10 Sep 2007, 02:33
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguinis.
- Replies: 26
- Views: 19054
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
Yes, my great-grandfather is the naturalized man you found. However, my grandfather was born on Italian soil and his mother was Italian. So, did he have dual citizenship from the start? The main question is how to I find out whether my grandfather gave up his Italian rights. He recently died so its ...
- 10 Sep 2007, 00:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguinis.
- Replies: 26
- Views: 19054
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
Ok, yes I did see the naturalazation petition for Salvatore Bartoletti; however, I can't find any manafest record other than the time my great-grandfather brought over my grandfather when my grandfather was 6. My mother told me that there were two Salvatore Bartoletti's who settled in her home town ...
- 09 Sep 2007, 18:00
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguinis.
- Replies: 26
- Views: 19054
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
Thanks you to everyone who helped. Even if I'm not eligible it is still nice to find records about my family. I don't think my granfather will do any good though because he served in the military before marrying my grandmother so he would have had to have been naturalized, right?
- 08 Sep 2007, 20:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguinis.
- Replies: 26
- Views: 19054
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
See I think my grandfather was naturalized and yes I know about the birds of passage. My great-grandfather(paternal) went back and for finally coming back with my grandfather. I am hoping to use my great-grandfather (maternal). I am getting pretty frustrated with the records. Did they come using ...
- 08 Sep 2007, 18:10
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguinis.
- Replies: 26
- Views: 19054
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
Okay so I looked up everyone from the town, S. Nicola, and I found one Porco. A female, who could have possibly been his sister because he stayed with her when he came over but as for him no luck. I am starting to wonder more and more if he was illegal. If I can't prove how he came here and what not ...
- 08 Sep 2007, 16:57
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguinis.
- Replies: 26
- Views: 19054
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
See I have searched for my great-grandfather (maternal) and I can't find anything. I might misspell his first name Fiorino . However, I have searched Parco & Porco because there was a name change because Porco implied pig, ;) I can find my grandfather (maternal), Michele Bartoletti.
My grandfather ...
My grandfather ...
- 08 Sep 2007, 16:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguinis.
- Replies: 26
- Views: 19054
I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguinis.
So...I'm really confused. I'll start by listing my genealogy.
Great Grandfather (maternal) born c. 1980 in Italy {Don't think he was ever naturlized before grandmother's birth or at all *not sure*}
Great Grandmother (maternal) c. 1894 but in U.S.
Grandmother (maternal) born 1914 in U.S ...
Great Grandfather (maternal) born c. 1980 in Italy {Don't think he was ever naturlized before grandmother's birth or at all *not sure*}
Great Grandmother (maternal) c. 1894 but in U.S.
Grandmother (maternal) born 1914 in U.S ...