I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguinis.
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
possible 1918 WWI Draft Registration Card
note: checked 'Naturalized' box
possible 1942 WWII Draft Registration Card
note: pg 2 for 1942 Card is incorrect for PA
note: checked 'Naturalized' box
possible 1942 WWII Draft Registration Card
note: pg 2 for 1942 Card is incorrect for PA
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
Sorry vj. You must have been posting while I was searching and pasting. Yours is probably the correct one.
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
Oh my, not to worry!
You never know which record could turn out to be the
correct one.
And double posting happens all the time to everyone
Valarie
You never know which record could turn out to be the
correct one.
And double posting happens all the time to everyone
Valarie
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
from footnote.com
Publication Number: M1626
Publication Title: Naturalization Petitions
of the U.S. Circuit and District Courts
for the Middle District of Pennsylvania,
1906-1930
Publisher: NARA
State: Pennsylvania
Court: District Court, 1910-1930
Year: 1912
Date: 01 Oct 1912
Immigrant Full Name: Fiorino Porco
Document Type: Oath
Home Country: Italy
Year Immigrated: 1906
Ship Name: Italia
Spouse Full Name: [BLANK]
Publication Number: M1626
Publication Title: Naturalization Petitions
of the U.S. Circuit and District Courts
for the Middle District of Pennsylvania,
1906-1930
Publisher: NARA
State: Pennsylvania
Court: District Court, 1910-1930
Year: 1912
Date: 15 May 1912
Immigrant Full Name: Fiorino Porco
Document Type: Petition
Home Country: Italy
Witness 1 Full Name: Frank Vanipapa
Witness 2 Full Name: Joseph Stanley
Year Immigrated: 1906
Ship Name: Italia
Spouse Full Name: [BLANK]
Publication Number: M1626
Publication Title: Naturalization Petitions
of the U.S. Circuit and District Courts
for the Middle District of Pennsylvania,
1906-1930
Publisher: NARA
State: Pennsylvania
Court: District Court, 1910-1930
Year: 1912
Date: 01 Oct 1912
Immigrant Full Name: Fiorino Porco
Document Type: Oath
Home Country: Italy
Year Immigrated: 1906
Ship Name: Italia
Spouse Full Name: [BLANK]
Publication Number: M1626
Publication Title: Naturalization Petitions
of the U.S. Circuit and District Courts
for the Middle District of Pennsylvania,
1906-1930
Publisher: NARA
State: Pennsylvania
Court: District Court, 1910-1930
Year: 1912
Date: 15 May 1912
Immigrant Full Name: Fiorino Porco
Document Type: Petition
Home Country: Italy
Witness 1 Full Name: Frank Vanipapa
Witness 2 Full Name: Joseph Stanley
Year Immigrated: 1906
Ship Name: Italia
Spouse Full Name: [BLANK]
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
You guys are absolutely terrific!!!!! 
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
Wish it were good news though
I hadn't checked footnote.com for awhile and
was surprised to find the naturalization records.
The transcriptions are free, there's a charge to
view the actual document.
http://www.footnote.com/documents.php
Valarie
I hadn't checked footnote.com for awhile and
was surprised to find the naturalization records.
The transcriptions are free, there's a charge to
view the actual document.
http://www.footnote.com/documents.php
Valarie
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
You're right; the dates are not good in terms of jure sanguinis.
Abruzzi, is there any possibility on the paternal line? You mention that your greatgrandfather went back and forth, finally coming back with your grandfather. Try to determine if/when your paternal grandfather naturalized. I was certain my grandfather naturalized before the birth of my father, but when I checked the records, I got a pleasant surprise. I hope you do too.
Abruzzi, is there any possibility on the paternal line? You mention that your greatgrandfather went back and forth, finally coming back with your grandfather. Try to determine if/when your paternal grandfather naturalized. I was certain my grandfather naturalized before the birth of my father, but when I checked the records, I got a pleasant surprise. I hope you do too.
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
Thanks you to everyone who helped. Even if I'm not eligible it is still nice to find records about my family. I don't think my granfather will do any good though because he served in the military before marrying my grandmother so he would have had to have been naturalized, right?
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
No. My grandfather served in WWI for the USA and declared intent but didn't naturalize.
Regards,
Elizabeth
Regards,
Elizabeth
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
Grandfather (maternal) born 1918 in Italy
{may have become naturalized before my mother's birth
*not sure* Is serving in a World War an indication?}
... grandfather (maternal), Michele Bartoletti.
Bartoletti
Possible Salvatore naturalized in US before Michele was
born in Italy...
Several documents which you may have already seen:
1924 manifest
page 2
Salvatore & family, inc Michele age 6, b in S Nicolo
1917 WWI Draft Registration Card
Salvatore indicates he is a naturalized citizen in 1917,
before Michele arrives in 1924
Possible naturalization info for Salvatore from footnote.com
Publication Number: M1626
Publication Title: Naturalization Petitions of the
U.S. Circuit and District Courts for the
Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1906-1930
Publisher: NARA
State: Pennsylvania
Court: District Court, 1910-1930
Year: 1910 Date: 11 Aug 1910
Immigrant Full Name: Salvatore Bartoletti
Document Type: Declaration
Home Country: Italy
Year Immigrated: 1907 Ship Name: Germania
Publication Number: M1626
Publication Title: Naturalization Petitions of the
U.S. Circuit and District Courts for the
Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1906-1930
Publisher: NARA
State: Pennsylvania
Court: District Court, 1910-1930
Year: 1912 Date: 16 Sep 1912
Immigrant Full Name: Salvatore Bartoletti
Document Type: Petition
Home Country: Italy
Witness 1 Full Name: Pasquale Gatti
Witness 2 Full Name: Raffaele Inglese
Year Immigrated: 1907 Ship Name: Germania
{may have become naturalized before my mother's birth
*not sure* Is serving in a World War an indication?}
... grandfather (maternal), Michele Bartoletti.
Bartoletti
Possible Salvatore naturalized in US before Michele was
born in Italy...
Several documents which you may have already seen:
1924 manifest
page 2
Salvatore & family, inc Michele age 6, b in S Nicolo
1917 WWI Draft Registration Card
Salvatore indicates he is a naturalized citizen in 1917,
before Michele arrives in 1924
Possible naturalization info for Salvatore from footnote.com
Publication Number: M1626
Publication Title: Naturalization Petitions of the
U.S. Circuit and District Courts for the
Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1906-1930
Publisher: NARA
State: Pennsylvania
Court: District Court, 1910-1930
Year: 1910 Date: 11 Aug 1910
Immigrant Full Name: Salvatore Bartoletti
Document Type: Declaration
Home Country: Italy
Year Immigrated: 1907 Ship Name: Germania
Publication Number: M1626
Publication Title: Naturalization Petitions of the
U.S. Circuit and District Courts for the
Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1906-1930
Publisher: NARA
State: Pennsylvania
Court: District Court, 1910-1930
Year: 1912 Date: 16 Sep 1912
Immigrant Full Name: Salvatore Bartoletti
Document Type: Petition
Home Country: Italy
Witness 1 Full Name: Pasquale Gatti
Witness 2 Full Name: Raffaele Inglese
Year Immigrated: 1907 Ship Name: Germania
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
Ok, yes I did see the naturalazation petition for Salvatore Bartoletti; however, I can't find any manafest record other than the time my great-grandfather brought over my grandfather when my grandfather was 6. My mother told me that there were two Salvatore Bartoletti's who settled in her home town of Wilkes-Barre, Pa -- They lived in the parsons section.
Even if my great-grandfather naturalized would I be okay if he didn't naturalize my grandfather who was born in Italy? That sounds really confusing, sorry. Where can I find out if my grandfather ever applied for naturalization or if my great-grandfather had him naturalized as a minor?
Even if my great-grandfather naturalized would I be okay if he didn't naturalize my grandfather who was born in Italy? That sounds really confusing, sorry. Where can I find out if my grandfather ever applied for naturalization or if my great-grandfather had him naturalized as a minor?
Re: I'm confussed & looking for help w/ jus sanguin
Yes, my great-grandfather is the naturalized man you found. However, my grandfather was born on Italian soil and his mother was Italian. So, did he have dual citizenship from the start? The main question is how to I find out whether my grandfather gave up his Italian rights. He recently died so its sad that I just can't ask him. Any help is greatly appercieated.
