Hi,
This is a pretty specialized request but I would appreciate any input.
I was hoping some one could assist me with the correct format to cite an Italian civil birth record. I found it for one of my ancestors on microfilm from the FHL library. I also have a photo and digital copy.
BTW - I donâ ...
Search found 9 matches
- 03 May 2008, 15:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Struggling with Italian Source Citation
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2795
- 26 Apr 2008, 01:59
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Translating a Certificate
- Replies: 4
- Views: 7593
Re: Help Translating a Certificate
Are you saying this is a "background" check typ document used by the Italian authorities for purposes of emigration? Maybe this was required to gain access to the US? assuming it didnt reveal anything bad :)
The criminal listing section (I guess that was its called) of the document is blank ans ...
The criminal listing section (I guess that was its called) of the document is blank ans ...
- 25 Apr 2008, 22:12
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help Translating a Certificate
- Replies: 4
- Views: 7593
Help Translating a Certificate
Hi,
I have aquired a family document with the following title:
"Richiesta di certificato penale a scopo di emigrazione"
Can some help me translate this title and possibly tell me it's purpose. Its from 1920.
Thanks,
Mark
I have aquired a family document with the following title:
"Richiesta di certificato penale a scopo di emigrazione"
Can some help me translate this title and possibly tell me it's purpose. Its from 1920.
Thanks,
Mark
- 16 Apr 2008, 22:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help obtaining Birth & Marriage Record - Tusa, Mess
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4052
Re: Need help obtaining Birth & Marriage Record - Tusa,
Thanks Scarlett227.
I have been through much of the LDS records but as it turns out those records arent avialable.
I am going to try writing again but I will also contact a professional.
Thanks again,
Mark
I have been through much of the LDS records but as it turns out those records arent avialable.
I am going to try writing again but I will also contact a professional.
Thanks again,
Mark
- 15 Apr 2008, 23:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: What did I do wrong?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 10778
Re: What did I do wrong?
Essgee,
Thanks for the response but I don’t think I represented my questions correctly in my original posting. I was too nebulous and that's why I didn’t get the response I wanted. So hopefully this query is a lot clearer:
1. Can someone share a proven template and process for requesting ...
Thanks for the response but I don’t think I represented my questions correctly in my original posting. I was too nebulous and that's why I didn’t get the response I wanted. So hopefully this query is a lot clearer:
1. Can someone share a proven template and process for requesting ...
- 14 Apr 2008, 19:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: What did I do wrong?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 10778
Re: What did I do wrong?
Thank you all for your input and advice. I think the suggestion for posting my letter on this forum for feedback is a great idea.
Thanks again
Thanks again
- 14 Apr 2008, 13:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: What did I do wrong?
- Replies: 11
- Views: 10778
What did I do wrong?
Hi,
I posted the below message a few days ago and I didn’t get the responses the way I expected. I only got one response and unfortunately it really didn’t answer my questions. Now I was sure a lot of people (including me) would have benefited from the answers to these questions since they ...
I posted the below message a few days ago and I didn’t get the responses the way I expected. I only got one response and unfortunately it really didn’t answer my questions. Now I was sure a lot of people (including me) would have benefited from the answers to these questions since they ...
- 12 Apr 2008, 09:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help obtaining Birth & Marriage Record - Tusa, Mess
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4052
Re: Need help obtaining Birth & Marriage Record - Tusa,
I’m embarrassed to say…2 years. I think I gave up. :oops:
Maybe I'm using the wrong template for the message? Can you recommend a proven template?
I have some friends that speak fluent Italian, do think I could call and request the info?
Last, how about a professional, can you recommend ...
Maybe I'm using the wrong template for the message? Can you recommend a proven template?
I have some friends that speak fluent Italian, do think I could call and request the info?
Last, how about a professional, can you recommend ...
- 11 Apr 2008, 23:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help obtaining Birth & Marriage Record - Tusa, Mess
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4052
Need help obtaining Birth & Marriage Record - Tusa, Mess
Hi,
I have unsuccessfully been trying to obtain copies of my great grandfather’s birth (1851) and marriage (around 1880) records from the village Tusa in Sicily.
I wrote a letter in Italian in what I thought was the correct format. I sent it here:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Tusa ...
I have unsuccessfully been trying to obtain copies of my great grandfather’s birth (1851) and marriage (around 1880) records from the village Tusa in Sicily.
I wrote a letter in Italian in what I thought was the correct format. I sent it here:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Tusa ...