Hi,
I have unsuccessfully been trying to obtain copies of my great grandfather’s birth (1851) and marriage (around 1880) records from the village Tusa in Sicily.
I wrote a letter in Italian in what I thought was the correct format. I sent it here:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Tusa
98079 TUSA ME
ITALY
No reply.
What am I doing wrong and am I better off using a professional?
Thanks
Need help obtaining Birth & Marriage Record - Tusa, Mess
Re: Need help obtaining Birth & Marriage Record - Tusa,
How long have you been waiting?
An answer may take a long time, may get lost in the post or may not have even been written. As to when you do a follow-up - well that depends on how long ago you wrote. If you wrote during the last few weeks then all comunes have been concentrating on preparations for the national political election on Sunday and all/most other work has been shelved.
The address you used looks OK.
An answer may take a long time, may get lost in the post or may not have even been written. As to when you do a follow-up - well that depends on how long ago you wrote. If you wrote during the last few weeks then all comunes have been concentrating on preparations for the national political election on Sunday and all/most other work has been shelved.
The address you used looks OK.
If you think education is expensive - try ignorance!
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
"Gente di Mare Genealogy"
Re: Need help obtaining Birth & Marriage Record - Tusa,
I’m embarrassed to say…2 years. I think I gave up.
Maybe I'm using the wrong template for the message? Can you recommend a proven template?
I have some friends that speak fluent Italian, do think I could call and request the info?
Last, how about a professional, can you recommend someone?
Again, thank you.
Maybe I'm using the wrong template for the message? Can you recommend a proven template?
I have some friends that speak fluent Italian, do think I could call and request the info?
Last, how about a professional, can you recommend someone?
Again, thank you.
- Scarlett227
- Rookie

- Posts: 34
- Joined: 06 Feb 2008, 16:13
- Location: New England
Re: Need help obtaining Birth & Marriage Record - Tusa,
Have you tried going to a Family History Center near you, and making a copy of the record yourself? I went to their website and it looks like they have the microfilm for the village where you need records:
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
I have just ordered the ones for my grandfathers' village, Ariano, and am anxious to see if I can find the great-grandparents' records.
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library ... umns=*,0,0
I have just ordered the ones for my grandfathers' village, Ariano, and am anxious to see if I can find the great-grandparents' records.
Searching for: Mastronardi (Pietrelcina), D'Auria (Ariano), Ciaccio (Santa Margherita di Belice) and Prizzi (Menfi).
Re: Need help obtaining Birth & Marriage Record - Tusa,
Thanks Scarlett227.
I have been through much of the LDS records but as it turns out those records arent avialable.
I am going to try writing again but I will also contact a professional.
Thanks again,
Mark
I have been through much of the LDS records but as it turns out those records arent avialable.
I am going to try writing again but I will also contact a professional.
Thanks again,
Mark

