I got a copy of the Death Certificate from the New York City municipal archives, and the handwritten Italian registry does appear to be a copy of the US death certificate.
Thanks for all that amazing help.
Search found 15 matches
- 19 Jan 2010, 01:47
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16992
- 02 Jan 2010, 18:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16992
Re: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
Here's the link to Image F Lines 40-49.
http://s921.photobucket.com/albums/ad57/palimpsest_bucket/Castelbuono%20Documents%202009/?action=view¤t=Doc217-1.jpg
Here's the link to Image G Lines 50-55.
http://s921.photobucket.com/albums/ad57/palimpsest_bucket/Castelbuono%20Documents%202009 ...
http://s921.photobucket.com/albums/ad57/palimpsest_bucket/Castelbuono%20Documents%202009/?action=view¤t=Doc217-1.jpg
Here's the link to Image G Lines 50-55.
http://s921.photobucket.com/albums/ad57/palimpsest_bucket/Castelbuono%20Documents%202009 ...
- 02 Jan 2010, 00:38
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16992
Re: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
Thank you. That would be great if someone knows more about it. This is such a great website.
- 01 Jan 2010, 23:52
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16992
Re: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
Thanks SO much, lilbees.
I don't remember seeing a searchable index for those records, but after your message I found the index at the Italian Genealogical Group.
Do you know why a NY death would be recorded in Castelbuono, Sicily? Was it for estate purposes? I have no clue.
Unfortunately ...
I don't remember seeing a searchable index for those records, but after your message I found the index at the Italian Genealogical Group.
Do you know why a NY death would be recorded in Castelbuono, Sicily? Was it for estate purposes? I have no clue.
Unfortunately ...
- 01 Jan 2010, 01:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16992
Re: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
http://s921.photobucket.com/albums/ad57/palimpsest_bucket/Castelbuono%20Documents%202009/?action=view¤t=Doc217-1.jpg
Can a savior try Image F Lines 40-49 (above)?
http://s921.photobucket.com/albums/ad57/palimpsest_bucket/Castelbuono%20Documents%202009/?action=view¤t=Doc219-1.jpg
Also Image G ...
Can a savior try Image F Lines 40-49 (above)?
http://s921.photobucket.com/albums/ad57/palimpsest_bucket/Castelbuono%20Documents%202009/?action=view¤t=Doc219-1.jpg
Also Image G ...
- 31 Dec 2009, 13:55
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16992
Re: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
Thanks! I have to leave but I'll try to suss it all out by line when I get back.
- 31 Dec 2009, 13:44
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16992
Re: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
Thanks, Lucap, for that certificate number! Is there a date of death? The clerk at the archives (who understandably didn't speak English) said something about August? but I thought he died in December 1904 (which is on his gravestone in New York). I wonder also if it has a cause of death.
- 31 Dec 2009, 03:02
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16992
Re: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
Interesting. His father was indeed Antonio Onofrio Minà , but Madalena Mantoro was his first wife, not his mother, and I think she died a year or so after they married, maybe in childbirth abt 1872. Nicolo's mother's name was Maria Santa Guiseppa Barreca. Guess it all got a little scrambled by the ...
- 31 Dec 2009, 02:54
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16992
Re: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
Tessa, thanks a lot! The handwriting is so impossible for me to puzzle out.
I didn't dream there would be a certificate number for his death in New York. I've looked and haven't yet found a death certificate in New York.
"Vincenzo ?Cusimano?, age 70, priest, son of deceased Santi." I wonder who ...
I didn't dream there would be a certificate number for his death in New York. I've looked and haven't yet found a death certificate in New York.
"Vincenzo ?Cusimano?, age 70, priest, son of deceased Santi." I wonder who ...
- 30 Dec 2009, 03:37
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
- Replies: 23
- Views: 16992
Translating Castelbuono Sicily Death Record
I have a handwritten, three page document I photographed while doing genealogy research in Castelbuono, Sicily. I don't speak Italian and would love to know what it all says. I'm hoping it will clear up a puzzle regarding my great grandfather's death and some family anecdotes. His name was Nicolo ...
- 01 Mar 2009, 22:11
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Reading a Passenger List Location - Near Naples?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 8346
Re: Reading a Passenger List Location - Near Naples?
Thank you very much Peter, jcat, and liviomoreno. This website rocks.
Jcat I sent a reply to you last night but I'm not sure it actually went through.
Jcat I sent a reply to you last night but I'm not sure it actually went through.
- 01 Mar 2009, 02:46
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Norwegian Genealogy
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7009
Re: Norwegian Genealogy
Pegusus1198, if you haven't already found a resource, the 1875 and 1900 Norwegian census transcriptions are available online at the Digital Archives - Arkivverket Digitalarkivet.
http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebFront.exe?slag=vis&tekst=meldingar&spraak=e
It can be tricky getting the ...
http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebFront.exe?slag=vis&tekst=meldingar&spraak=e
It can be tricky getting the ...
- 01 Mar 2009, 02:03
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Reading a Passenger List Location - Near Naples?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 8346
Re: Reading a Passenger List Location - Near Naples?
Wow, thanks jcat and Peter. I also saw San Giorgio a Cremana, which doesn't quite work, but did NOT find San Giovanni a Teduccio, which seems a good candidate.
Peter, if you want to have another look as you kindly offered, I'd appreciate it, and here is the information:
1. Passenger Amalia Russo ...
Peter, if you want to have another look as you kindly offered, I'd appreciate it, and here is the information:
1. Passenger Amalia Russo ...
- 28 Feb 2009, 20:59
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Reading a Passenger List Location - Near Naples?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 8346
Reading a Passenger List Location - Near Naples?
An illegible place name appears on more than one passenger list , none crystal clear. I have identified a cousin's family members as living at one point in Barra, which in this case is in or around Naples. But the specific birth locations are "San Gio" something. Can anyone help? Thanks, Robin.
- 22 Dec 2008, 18:44
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Palermo, Sicily
- Replies: 13
- Views: 18392
Re: Palermo, Sicily
Nunsiata,
I was at the Family History Center yesterday and looked at the microfilm for records of 1876-1905. I checked for the marriage records from 1885-1891, even though you said your ancestors' marriage was in the 1887-1889 period.
The good news is that there didn't seem to be any missing ...
I was at the Family History Center yesterday and looked at the microfilm for records of 1876-1905. I checked for the marriage records from 1885-1891, even though you said your ancestors' marriage was in the 1887-1889 period.
The good news is that there didn't seem to be any missing ...