Reading a Passenger List Location - Near Naples?
- RobinJoMina
- Newbie

- Posts: 15
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 18:19
- Location: Houston, Texas
Reading a Passenger List Location - Near Naples?
An illegible place name appears on more than one passenger list , none crystal clear. I have identified a cousin's family members as living at one point in Barra, which in this case is in or around Naples. But the specific birth locations are "San Gio" something. Can anyone help? Thanks, Robin.
Re: Reading a Passenger List Location - Near Naples?
could it be San Giovanni a Teduccio ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Giovanni_a_Teduccio
here's another link:
http://spazioinwind.libero.it/sangiovan ... index.html
http://www.comune.napoli.it/flex/cm/pag ... agina/2610
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Giovanni_a_Teduccio
here's another link:
http://spazioinwind.libero.it/sangiovan ... index.html
http://www.comune.napoli.it/flex/cm/pag ... agina/2610
jamescatizoneitaliandualcitizenship.com
-
PeterTimber
- Master

- Posts: 6811
- Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 18:57
- Location: Yonkers NY
Re: Reading a Passenger List Location - Near Naples?
The closest to barra (whichis a hamlet on a road to Naples like 711 and a gas station) and tghe nearest thing that resembles the listing is San Giorgio a Cremano which is not close to the spelling listed in your inquiry..so would you please give me the name of the person who arrived and the date and name of the ship so that I can compare lettering of ther manifest and see if there is someone else from the "place". It may be that the name changed since there are hamlets and villages that have names but lost their identity and are a part of larger towns or become a Naples suburb!! or the name has changed since then... =Peter=
~Peter~
- RobinJoMina
- Newbie

- Posts: 15
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 18:19
- Location: Houston, Texas
Re: Reading a Passenger List Location - Near Naples?
Wow, thanks jcat and Peter. I also saw San Giorgio a Cremana, which doesn't quite work, but did NOT find San Giovanni a Teduccio, which seems a good candidate.
Peter, if you want to have another look as you kindly offered, I'd appreciate it, and here is the information:
1. Passenger Amalia Russo, 28, arriving 2 Dec 1904 to NY from Naples aboard the SS Citta di Napoli, Line 12
2. Passenger Amalia Russo [Giogaia], 39, arriving 27 Jul 1915 to NY from Naples aboard the SS America, Line 3. On the second page, you'll see her kids are with her, 3 born in same location, and on the first page her father is living there.
Thank you both SO MUCH.
Peter, if you want to have another look as you kindly offered, I'd appreciate it, and here is the information:
1. Passenger Amalia Russo, 28, arriving 2 Dec 1904 to NY from Naples aboard the SS Citta di Napoli, Line 12
2. Passenger Amalia Russo [Giogaia], 39, arriving 27 Jul 1915 to NY from Naples aboard the SS America, Line 3. On the second page, you'll see her kids are with her, 3 born in same location, and on the first page her father is living there.
Thank you both SO MUCH.
Re: Reading a Passenger List Location - Near Naples?
Glad to be of some assistance.. Good luck !
Robin, check your PM box as I did receive yours, although I'm not sure that my return PM has gotten to you........
Robin, check your PM box as I did receive yours, although I'm not sure that my return PM has gotten to you........
jamescatizoneitaliandualcitizenship.com
- liviomoreno
- Master

- Posts: 7116
- Joined: 13 Feb 2004, 00:00
- Location: Rome, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Reading a Passenger List Location - Near Naples?
It is San Giovanni a Teduccio, which is a district of Napoli (Naples).
- RobinJoMina
- Newbie

- Posts: 15
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 18:19
- Location: Houston, Texas
Re: Reading a Passenger List Location - Near Naples?
Thank you very much Peter, jcat, and liviomoreno. This website rocks.
Jcat I sent a reply to you last night but I'm not sure it actually went through.
Jcat I sent a reply to you last night but I'm not sure it actually went through.
