Search found 16 matches
- 23 Jun 2015, 22:30
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: "Casale La Rocca?," Caserta, Italy
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7969
Re: "Casale La Rocca?," Caserta, Italy
erudita74, the record you present for "Raffaele Fimiani" certainly could be my GREAT Grandfather. Reason why I think that is is because we know how Italians love to name their children after Grandparents and Great Grandparents. The name "Alfonso" AND the name "Teresa" fall in line with the names of ...
- 23 Jun 2015, 18:18
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: "Casale La Rocca?," Caserta, Italy
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7969
Re: "Casale La Rocca?," Caserta, Italy
I can say that the record that "erudita74" found IS my Grandfather. I can also say that the records found by "Biff83" are the records I already have. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, both of you!
I have a couple of questions, though. The spelling of the surname is ONE letter off from what I know it to be ...
I have a couple of questions, though. The spelling of the surname is ONE letter off from what I know it to be ...
- 23 Jun 2015, 02:54
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: "Casale La Rocca?," Caserta, Italy
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7969
Re: "Casale La Rocca?," Caserta, Italy
What was your grandfather's name and birthday so we can check the draft cards directly?
Biff
Just to let you know, the name is Alfonso Fimiani.. HOWEVER.. the spelling of our name has been screwed up over the years, and the ONLY one who had the correct spelling and USED the correct spelling of ...
Biff
Just to let you know, the name is Alfonso Fimiani.. HOWEVER.. the spelling of our name has been screwed up over the years, and the ONLY one who had the correct spelling and USED the correct spelling of ...
- 22 Jun 2015, 20:35
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: "Casale La Rocca?," Caserta, Italy
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7969
"Casale La Rocca?," Caserta, Italy
So, I'm trying to hunt down my Grandfather's exact place of birth. Only thing is, I have kind-of sort-of conflicting information, or maybe not??? Since I have no idea where exactly he was born in Italy (only thing I do know is that the family is Napolitan), I am using information I've already found ...
- 22 Jun 2015, 06:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Is "vj" Still Around? Looking for Something You Found for Me!
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1875
Re: Is "vj" Still Around? Looking for Something You Found for Me!
Oh my gosh! Biff83 and rjmichaels, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH! I appreciate this beyond what words can say! God bless you both and thank you, thank you, thank you!
- 21 Jun 2015, 07:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Is "vj" Still Around? Looking for Something You Found for Me!
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1875
Is "vj" Still Around? Looking for Something You Found for Me!
Don't laugh, but back in 2009, "vj" was kind enough to find my Grandmother and Uncle's Ship's Manifest, which somehow went missing when I went looking for it. For the life of me, I can NOT find this Manifest on ellisisland.org. I remember "vj" telling me that she used wildcards to find my ...
- 12 Jan 2009, 03:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where Do I Look
- Replies: 21
- Views: 17005
Re: Where Do I Look
Thank you both for the replies! LOL - funny thing is, "Anna Russo" is the name of my Maternal Grandmother!
- 11 Jan 2009, 23:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where Do I Look
- Replies: 21
- Views: 17005
Re: Where Do I Look
Great job vj! I stopped to watch Hellboy II and you found all the family secrets!
BlackHeart...the names from Nocera Inferiore are Fimiani and Barbera, Barbaria or Barba...so the original spelling might be one of these. You will have to write to the comune to get the records. While some city ...
BlackHeart...the names from Nocera Inferiore are Fimiani and Barbera, Barbaria or Barba...so the original spelling might be one of these. You will have to write to the comune to get the records. While some city ...
- 11 Jan 2009, 03:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where Do I Look
- Replies: 21
- Views: 17005
Re: Where Do I Look
Alfonso’s probable manifest
Feb 1912
page 2
2 Feb 1912 SS Germania, Marseilles to NY
Line 22
Alfonso Femmiani 22
- married
-mason
- last residence Nocera Inferiore
- in Nocera Inferiore, wife Anna
- destination Brooklyn
- joining uncle Antonio Coppola
- born in Nocera Inferiore
I've had ...
Feb 1912
page 2
2 Feb 1912 SS Germania, Marseilles to NY
Line 22
Alfonso Femmiani 22
- married
-mason
- last residence Nocera Inferiore
- in Nocera Inferiore, wife Anna
- destination Brooklyn
- joining uncle Antonio Coppola
- born in Nocera Inferiore
I've had ...
- 11 Jan 2009, 01:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where Do I Look
- Replies: 21
- Views: 17005
Re: Where Do I Look
This appears to be Anna & son Raffaele’s ship manifest
(last two lines)
1912 manifest
page 2
13 August 1912, SS Canada, Naples to NY
Lines 29-30
Anna Barba 29 (abt 1883)
- last residence Nocera Inf
(Nocera Inferiore, formerly Nocera dei Pagani, town and comune in the province of Salerno ...
(last two lines)
1912 manifest
page 2
13 August 1912, SS Canada, Naples to NY
Lines 29-30
Anna Barba 29 (abt 1883)
- last residence Nocera Inf
(Nocera Inferiore, formerly Nocera dei Pagani, town and comune in the province of Salerno ...
- 11 Jan 2009, 01:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where Do I Look
- Replies: 21
- Views: 17005
Re: Where Do I Look
This is the darndest thing
It appears to be the same family with the wrong surname.
Perhaps Anna answered the enumerator’s questions and got confused or was misunderstood?
In Italy she would have continued to use her father’s surname, not her husband’s.
interesting 1920 census
Home in ...
It appears to be the same family with the wrong surname.
Perhaps Anna answered the enumerator’s questions and got confused or was misunderstood?
In Italy she would have continued to use her father’s surname, not her husband’s.
interesting 1920 census
Home in ...
- 11 Jan 2009, 00:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where Do I Look
- Replies: 21
- Views: 17005
Re: Where Do I Look
Thank you for the update :D .
This appears to be the census you mentioned.
Do you think it is your family?
Thanks! Valarie
possible 1930 census
Home in 1930:
133 Columbia Street, rents $25
Brooklyn, Kings, New York
Head Franz Famiano 40, born abt 1890 IT
- married age 18, abt 1909
- immig ...
This appears to be the census you mentioned.
Do you think it is your family?
Thanks! Valarie
possible 1930 census
Home in 1930:
133 Columbia Street, rents $25
Brooklyn, Kings, New York
Head Franz Famiano 40, born abt 1890 IT
- married age 18, abt 1909
- immig ...
- 11 Jan 2009, 00:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where Do I Look
- Replies: 21
- Views: 17005
Re: Where Do I Look
One other thing I did find for my Uncle Ralph was some sort of "Naturalization" card?
The card shows his name as "Ralph Fimiani," and shows a residence address that I know the family lived at during that time = Columbia St., Brooklyn, NY. It shows his age as 31 years and it is dated August 17, 1942 ...
The card shows his name as "Ralph Fimiani," and shows a residence address that I know the family lived at during that time = Columbia St., Brooklyn, NY. It shows his age as 31 years and it is dated August 17, 1942 ...
- 11 Jan 2009, 00:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where Do I Look
- Replies: 21
- Views: 17005
Re: Where Do I Look
Start with what you know is fact.
What are the first names of these people? The first name of the Uncle born in Italy? When was he born? Where did these people reside in the US?
I forgot! My Uncle "Ralph" was born May 7, 1911. As a child, the family resided in Brooklyn, New York (this is where ...
What are the first names of these people? The first name of the Uncle born in Italy? When was he born? Where did these people reside in the US?
I forgot! My Uncle "Ralph" was born May 7, 1911. As a child, the family resided in Brooklyn, New York (this is where ...
- 11 Jan 2009, 00:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where Do I Look
- Replies: 21
- Views: 17005
Re: Where Do I Look
Start with what you know is fact.
What are the first names of these people? The first name of the Uncle born in Italy? When was he born? Where did these people reside in the US?
We have to follow the clues. You need to list as much "factual" info that you can. The rest is just interesting ...
What are the first names of these people? The first name of the Uncle born in Italy? When was he born? Where did these people reside in the US?
We have to follow the clues. You need to list as much "factual" info that you can. The rest is just interesting ...