Oh, Yes usually 13 is lucky, it's rigth! But some times (depend on region) 13 is bed. 17 is certainly bed number, especially Friday 17.Squigy wrote:Am I mistaken? I thought 13 was good luck to Italians, and bad luck to most other cultures.
Search found 10 matches
- 03 Jul 2010, 15:46
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian superstitions
- Replies: 30
- Views: 47409
Re: Italian superstitions
- 28 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian superstitions
- Replies: 30
- Views: 47409
Re: Italian superstitions
misbris wrote: Deynonichus, you are doing great with your English, we can all understand you very well.
If the word you mean with ***Spam*** is what I'm thinking...yes, it's bed to do "it" on a lay table! Besides it's unhygienic.
- 28 Jun 2010, 14:39
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Sora Italy Hospitals c. 1886-1887
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3359
Re: Sora Italy Hospitals c. 1886-1887
In Italy, with few exceptions, the sanatoriums were places where the care offered to patients did not allow their recovery. Were finally abolished in the late seventies, with the creation of infectious wards in hospitals normal.
The sanitarium is a hospital equipped to treat chronic long-stay, such ...
The sanitarium is a hospital equipped to treat chronic long-stay, such ...
- 28 Jun 2010, 14:37
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian superstitions
- Replies: 30
- Views: 47409
Re: Italian superstitions
This is very consolatory!DeFilippis78 wrote:Some of these aren't just Italian superstition. Many cultures believe its bad luck to go under a ladder, the number 13, Friday, and opening an umbrella in a house is bad luck as well.
- 28 Jun 2010, 14:24
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian superstitions
- Replies: 30
- Views: 47409
Re: Italian superstitions
A bit of Italian superstitions:
It's bed:
-to walk under a ladder;
-Oil falls accidentally (in this case throwing a pinch of salt over your left shoulder back);
-to put bread on the table upside down;
-to move in November;
-to open the umbrella in the house;
-to go with the broom on the feet of ...
It's bed:
-to walk under a ladder;
-Oil falls accidentally (in this case throwing a pinch of salt over your left shoulder back);
-to put bread on the table upside down;
-to move in November;
-to open the umbrella in the house;
-to go with the broom on the feet of ...
- 28 Jun 2010, 07:01
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian superstitions
- Replies: 30
- Views: 47409
Re: Italian superstitions
What about putting salt on or in something new (like a car) for good luck?
I know the salt is anti-"evil eye" (malocchio). Salt goes also on the oil falls down (on table or on the floor). Oil falling down is a very bad think.
My grandfather used a sprinkling of wine to wish good luck to a new ...
- 27 Jun 2010, 19:12
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian superstitions
- Replies: 30
- Views: 47409
Re: Italian superstitions
I believe this does not exist. I never heard this.Italysearcher wrote:Here is a superstition I just had contact with. You can't take a baby out until its been baptized and during this time you keep a broom behind the door.
- 27 Jun 2010, 08:58
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Italian superstitions
- Replies: 30
- Views: 47409
Re: Italian superstitions
I was born in Italy, I live in Italy, I'm italian, and in italian it's: Tutto il mondo è paese! I assure! 
- 24 Oct 2009, 21:42
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Searching for Gr. Grandmother's birth place S. Italy
- Replies: 18
- Views: 20462
Re: Searching for Gr. Grandmother's birth place S. Ital
Hello! Have you some news about the relationship between LaPella or Leapello or Leppello and Lippelli from the south of Italy?
- 11 Jan 2009, 15:14
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Searching for Gr. Grandmother's birth place S. Italy
- Replies: 18
- Views: 20462
Re: Searching for Gr. Grandmother's birth place S. Ital
Hi,
I think can be important to know that there is a family in Calabria (Soveria Simeri, Catanzaro) Lippelli. I'm Lippelli too. We never know our family's story, because my father's grandfather was a orphan. Somebody gived to him this surname but we don't know why! If you have some more information ...
I think can be important to know that there is a family in Calabria (Soveria Simeri, Catanzaro) Lippelli. I'm Lippelli too. We never know our family's story, because my father's grandfather was a orphan. Somebody gived to him this surname but we don't know why! If you have some more information ...