Does anyone know what the names and addresses are of all the Hospital(s) that were in use in Sora, Italy in the late 1800's. I'm specifically looking for a "Sanatorium" that was used in 1886-1887. And also does anyone know if the Italian name for "Sanatorium" translates as just a medical hospital or was it a mental health hospital?
Thank You,
Gatto
Sora Italy Hospitals c. 1886-1887
- Deynonichus
- Newbie

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 11 Jan 2009, 15:02
- Location: Roma, Italia
Re: Sora Italy Hospitals c. 1886-1887
In Italy, with few exceptions, the sanatoriums were places where the care offered to patients did not allow their recovery. Were finally abolished in the late seventies, with the creation of infectious wards in hospitals normal.
The sanitarium is a hospital equipped to treat chronic long-stay, such as tuberculosis,not curable.
But sometimes the term "sanatorio" is used as a mental health hospital.
Now I'm going to look for Sanatorio in Sora. I will let you know.
The sanitarium is a hospital equipped to treat chronic long-stay, such as tuberculosis,not curable.
But sometimes the term "sanatorio" is used as a mental health hospital.
Now I'm going to look for Sanatorio in Sora. I will let you know.
- Italysearcher
- Master

- Posts: 3470
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 19:58
- Location: Sora, Italy
- Contact:
Re: Sora Italy Hospitals c. 1886-1887
So far as I know there was no 'sanatoro' in Sora. There was one hospital.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.