Search found 9 matches
- 11 Jul 2009, 18:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Patsy / Piazzetta
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5104
Re: Patsy / Piazzetta
You're amazing! That's awesome!!! Now I'm going to dig around a little more. Thanks so much for taking the time!
- 11 Jul 2009, 14:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Patsy / Piazzetta
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5104
Patsy / Piazzetta
Hi, I'm looking for my info on my paternal great-grandfather. He and his family are in the 1920 and 1930 census. Their info on the censes:
William Patsy (born abt 1870)
Katherine Gentile Patsy (born about 1882)
John Patsy (born abt 1899)
plus other children. But I wanted to list these because ...
William Patsy (born abt 1870)
Katherine Gentile Patsy (born about 1882)
John Patsy (born abt 1899)
plus other children. But I wanted to list these because ...
- 09 Jul 2009, 05:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Maleca / Maleck from Siderno
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7460
Re: Maleca / Maleck from Siderno - CORRECTION MELECA
So, it looks like the spelling was Meleca.
I am thinking of sending a request to Siderno tomorrow. I wonder if I should be concerned that according to the ship manifest she was born around 1905, while the Social Security Death Index says she was born 30 Aug 1903?
I am thinking of sending a request to Siderno tomorrow. I wonder if I should be concerned that according to the ship manifest she was born around 1905, while the Social Security Death Index says she was born 30 Aug 1903?
- 09 Jul 2009, 01:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ufficio di Stato Civile
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11101
Re: Ufficio di Stato Civile
Ugh, this doesn't bode well for me. I'm sending a request to Caulonia in the morning!
Best of luck!
Best of luck!
- 09 Jul 2009, 01:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Meeting at the Chicago Consulate
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7063
Re: Meeting at the Chicago Consulate
I'm so glad to hear of someone having a good experience. I'll eventually be going through Chicago, so that is very encouraging. Question: were there any spelling discrepancies in your documents? Or did your ancestors names stay the same throughout?
- 08 Jul 2009, 17:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Maleca / Maleck from Siderno
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7460
Re: Maleca / Maleck from Siderno
You are awesome! THANKS!!!! I really appreciate you taking the time to help out. 
- 08 Jul 2009, 16:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Maleca / Maleck from Siderno
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7460
Re: Maleca / Maleck from Siderno
Oh, Laura, I did look for the manifest, but I did not find it. Apparently, she came over with her mother and 3 siblings after her father died.
- 08 Jul 2009, 16:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Maleca / Maleck from Siderno
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7460
Re: Maleca / Maleck from Siderno
That's a great link, thanks. But you're right, there is no Maleca in Calabria. Hmmm.
I did end up getting some info from a relative this morning. Her mom was Rose Fragomeni and her dad was Francesco Maleca. This relative is saying my GGM's name was Immacalata Maleca. Her date of birth was 30 Aug ...
I did end up getting some info from a relative this morning. Her mom was Rose Fragomeni and her dad was Francesco Maleca. This relative is saying my GGM's name was Immacalata Maleca. Her date of birth was 30 Aug ...
- 08 Jul 2009, 01:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Maleca / Maleck from Siderno
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7460
Maleca / Maleck from Siderno
Hi, I'm wanting to get my GGM's birth certificate. I know her birthdate and place of birth, but I don't know her parent's names. Also, I'm not 100% on the spelling of her name. My GF says it's Mary Immaculata Maleck, someone else in the family who has done some genealogy says it was Maleca. Is that ...