Ciao everyone!
After taking a 4 year hiatus from my research I am ready to get back at it (although it feels like I am starting from scratch).
My goal is to find out if my GGM's baptismal record survived the big earthquake of 1980. Her birth record was destroyed and I am looking at an expensive ...
Search found 34 matches
- 16 Jan 2018, 00:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Has anyone had success locating baptism records in Avellino?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1183
- 23 Apr 2014, 20:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help with this Holy Card?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 832
Help with this Holy Card?
My Great Grandparents were from San Tammaro (Caserta) and my Dad just found this card in a box of my Grandfather's things. I am assuming that it could have been from my Great Grandfather's Father's (I'm sure I could have said that better!) funeral? Anyone know anything about these cards as far as if ...
- 13 Jun 2013, 04:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Does this death record state her parents name?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1472
Re: Does this death record state her parents name?
Thank you so much! 
- 13 Jun 2013, 03:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Does this death record state her parents name?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1472
Does this death record state her parents name?
Hi Everyone :) I am wondering if this death record for Angela Rosa Bellone states the names of her parents? She was my 3rd Great Grandmother. I see it mentions her husband Antonio - but wondering if any of the other names mentioned are her parents? And also does that say that she was 40 something ...
- 12 Jun 2013, 05:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Am I translating this correctly?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1486
Re: Am I translating this correctly?
Thank you so much for your help! I figured out the discrepancy - I had Caterina's parents mixed up with one generation younger, but straightened it out. I clearly should have had more coffee today! 
- 12 Jun 2013, 02:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Am I translating this correctly?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1486
Am I translating this correctly?
Hi Everyone - I am hoping that someone can tell me if I am translating the record for Caterina Rucco correctly -
here is the link: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1971-31980-4249-52?cc=2043630&wc=M9QR-RVC:n614845997
So here is what I came up with:
She died on July 29th, 1909 at 11:15 ...
here is the link: https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1971-31980-4249-52?cc=2043630&wc=M9QR-RVC:n614845997
So here is what I came up with:
She died on July 29th, 1909 at 11:15 ...
- 09 Jun 2013, 00:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Translation for Birth Record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1626
Re: Translation for Birth Record
Thank you! 
- 08 Jun 2013, 17:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Translation for Birth Record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1626
Translation for Birth Record
Hi Everyone! :) I believe I finally found a birth record for my great grandfather! I am wondering if someone would be able to tell me if it says the age of either of Antonio's parents and his father's profession?
Thanks so much!
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-31984-8678-26?cc ...
Thanks so much!
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-1942-31984-8678-26?cc ...
- 01 Jun 2013, 12:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Online records for the city of Napoli?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2255
Re: Online records for the city of Napoli?
Hi Suanj - I could definitely be reading his mother's maiden name incorrectly. I've attached a snippet of his marriage record.
Italysearcher - I agree with you that I may need to hire someone to checkout all sections. What's interesting is I'm having a hard time finding ANY Ruccos on the registers ...
Italysearcher - I agree with you that I may need to hire someone to checkout all sections. What's interesting is I'm having a hard time finding ANY Ruccos on the registers ...
- 01 Jun 2013, 00:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Online records for the city of Napoli?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2255
Online records for the city of Napoli?
For the last year I have been trying to locate a birth record for my GGF, Antonio Rucco. All of his documents, including work ID stated that he was born in the city of Naples. In the last year I have e-mailed and written to the Napoli comune 3+ times, and they have acknowledged receiving my request ...
- 31 May 2013, 21:05
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Records Destroyed
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6780
Re: Records Destroyed
Karen - thank yo so much for posting! That is really encouraging to hear, hopefully I will have a similar outcome! 
- 30 May 2013, 23:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How bad did Google translate butcher this?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1199
How bad did Google translate butcher this?
Hi everyone - I am trying to draft a letter to the Torella comune to see if they will either re-create my GGM's birth record or certify a photo copy of the one on microfilm as they informed me that all of their records were destroyed in an earthquake. Does this sound like a bad idea? Has anyone had ...
- 30 May 2013, 00:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Records Destroyed
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6780
Re: Records Destroyed
Just replying to say that I tried the e-mail address (curia) every day and finally today it worked, so we will see where that leads. Someone on a different site told me that a copy of her birth certificate may also be in the Avellino state archives in addition to the one that was lost at the comune ...
- 29 May 2013, 18:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help with handwritten Italian marriage certificate
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1218
Re: Help with handwritten Italian marriage certificate
Thank you so much, you are awesome!!!!!!!!!!
- 29 May 2013, 17:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help with handwritten Italian marriage certificate
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1218
Help with handwritten Italian marriage certificate
Hi everyone - I was thrilled this morning when I found my GGGP's marriage certificate - but I have no clue what information can be derived from it. It's completely handwritten so I am having a hard time spotting where I should be looking for the info. What I am wondering is:
What does it say ...
What does it say ...