Pasquale,
Thank you for your help. So much time has passed, it is hard to find out information. Thanks again, Jim
Search found 38 matches
- 06 Jan 2012, 23:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio Graziano - Searching for info
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3509
- 04 Jan 2012, 04:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonio Graziano - Searching for info
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3509
Re: Antonio Graziano - Searching for info
Hi Pasquale,
Thank you for your note. Could you find out if anyone in that family knows of an Antonio Graziano that he came to the US in June 5, 1903 on the SS Palatia sailing from Naples? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you, Jim
Thank you for your note. Could you find out if anyone in that family knows of an Antonio Graziano that he came to the US in June 5, 1903 on the SS Palatia sailing from Naples? Any information would be appreciated. Thank you, Jim
- 01 Jul 2010, 00:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Libretti Family - Sassano, Italy
- Replies: 14
- Views: 16072
Re: Libretti Family - Sassano, Italy
Hi Capeto2,
Sorry, but as far as we know, my GGF Domenico Feminella came to the US alone and he was an only child. He spelled his last name with only one "m" which could have been lost at some time. We have no known relatives in Chicagoland, although there is probably some distant relationship ...
Sorry, but as far as we know, my GGF Domenico Feminella came to the US alone and he was an only child. He spelled his last name with only one "m" which could have been lost at some time. We have no known relatives in Chicagoland, although there is probably some distant relationship ...
- 07 May 2010, 18:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How to find right church in Marsala?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2257
How to find right church in Marsala?
My Grandfather was born in Marsala, Sicily. Marsala is a large city with many churches. How can I find his church or a list of churches in Marsala?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim
- 30 Apr 2010, 15:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Best Source for Naturalization Records?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3274
Best Source for Naturalization Records?
What is the best source for searcing for and obtaining Naturalization records? My GGF and GGM were both natualized in 1898, and I would like to know what details are on their records. Would Ancestry be the best place?
Thanks to All!
Jim
Thanks to All!
Jim
- 23 Apr 2010, 17:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for Maria Feminella
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5239
Re: Searching for Maria Feminella
Maria's married name is Feminella. According to the 1910 census, she came here in 1885 when she was 50 years old and a widow. She settled in Elizabeth, NJ, near her son who came in 1883.
She was 75 in 1910, and does not appear in the 1920 census, so I have to believe that she died somewhere in ...
She was 75 in 1910, and does not appear in the 1920 census, so I have to believe that she died somewhere in ...
- 23 Apr 2010, 16:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for Maria Feminella
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5239
Searching for Maria Feminella
I am trying to find the ship manifest for my GG Grand Mother, Maria Feminella . She came to the US in 1885 from Italy, probably Sassano, at the age of 50 according to the 1910 census.
I have searched Ancestry and WorldVitalRecords.com and nothing. I don't know how you do it, but my friends at ...
I have searched Ancestry and WorldVitalRecords.com and nothing. I don't know how you do it, but my friends at ...
- 11 Apr 2010, 20:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for FEMINELLA origins
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8837
Re: Searching for FEMINELLA origins
Suanj,
Thanks again. I am mailing the form to request a copy today. You have been a great help.
Jim
Thanks again. I am mailing the form to request a copy today. You have been a great help.
Jim
- 11 Apr 2010, 18:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for FEMINELLA origins
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8837
Re: Searching for FEMINELLA origins
Suanj,
Thank you for the info. Those are my great grand parents. The wedding year is consistent with the 1910 census. How can I view the information online?
Thanks again,
Jim
Thank you for the info. Those are my great grand parents. The wedding year is consistent with the 1910 census. How can I view the information online?
Thanks again,
Jim
- 09 Apr 2010, 13:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Castle Garden Manifest Images???
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3040
Castle Garden Manifest Images???
How can I obtain ship manifes images from Castle Garden. I can't find anyting on their web site. All I can display is the text of the details. I am sure there is a way.
Thanks in advance for all your help.
Thanks in advance for all your help.
- 07 Apr 2010, 00:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for FEMINELLA origins
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8837
Re: Searching for FEMINELLA origins
Misbris,
Thanks for your time.
Jim
Thanks for your time.
Jim
- 06 Apr 2010, 19:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Help on Origin of Surname Lentini
- Replies: 3
- Views: 7796
Re: Looking for Help on Origin of Surname Lentini
Thank you very much for the info.
- 06 Apr 2010, 18:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for FEMINELLA origins
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8837
Re: Searching for FEMINELLA origins
Misbris,
Thanks for your note. He came here when he was about 17, in 1883, and settled in Elizabeth, NJ. He married Rosa at some time when she was 15. I have the 1900-1930 census with all that info. I found a posible manifest from Castle Garden in 1884.
I am trying to find where he originated from ...
Thanks for your note. He came here when he was about 17, in 1883, and settled in Elizabeth, NJ. He married Rosa at some time when she was 15. I have the 1900-1930 census with all that info. I found a posible manifest from Castle Garden in 1884.
I am trying to find where he originated from ...
- 06 Apr 2010, 17:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Domenico Feminella - Searching for info
- Replies: 15
- Views: 9324
Re: Domenico Feminella - Searching for info
Going with Biff's idea that the name might be Tommaso...what do you all think of this possibility?
Found a manifest for 1884, for "Commans Farinella". The image quality for the manifest is very poor, but I'm sure the name actually reads "Tommaso." His age is 18, laborer, from Italy. (That would ...
Found a manifest for 1884, for "Commans Farinella". The image quality for the manifest is very poor, but I'm sure the name actually reads "Tommaso." His age is 18, laborer, from Italy. (That would ...
- 06 Apr 2010, 17:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for FEMINELLA origins
- Replies: 11
- Views: 8837
Searching for FEMINELLA origins
I am searching for any known relatives of my great grand father, Domenico Feminella. I know that he came to the US in 1885 and I have all census data here. However, I am trying to find out where he came from in Italy. I suspect he came from SOSSANO, because almost all of the Feminellas I found came ...