I need a few records from Palermo for my ancestors that I cannot find and I'm hoping someone on here can help me out or point me in the right direction. I'm looking for Birth and Marriage record for Ignazio Bevilacqua this is the info I have on him:
Birth
Valerio and Vincenza Conti
Palermo ...
Search found 64 matches
- 14 Aug 2014, 06:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Records from Palermo
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1272
- 15 Jul 2014, 15:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Louisiana Vital Records
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1203
Re: Louisiana Vital Records
thats actually me 
- 11 Jul 2014, 17:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Louisiana Vital Records
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1203
Louisiana Vital Records
I have been doing research for a while now and I hit a few blocks. So while looking further, I found a new line of family that Im now researching, My Great Great Grandmothers name was Grazia Gambino. She married Ignazio Bevilacqua in Ustica and had a son. They settled in New Orleans and had 2 more ...
- 12 Sep 2013, 18:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help tracing roots back to Ustica/Palermo
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2414
Re: Help tracing roots back to Ustica/Palermo
yes, same family!
- 10 Sep 2013, 22:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help tracing roots back to Ustica/Palermo
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2414
Re: Help tracing roots back to Ustica/Palermo
I have found something that may be helpful to me however Im a bit confused. I found on ancestry and entry that has a Michele Vivalacqua born in New Orleans to a Ignazio Vivalacqua and a Grazia Gambino. Im guess this would be Sal (my G Grandfather) sister. However I can not find ANY other info on ...
- 09 Sep 2013, 23:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help tracing roots back to Ustica/Palermo
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2414
Help tracing roots back to Ustica/Palermo
It has been a long time since I have posted in the forum and have answered quite a few question I had since then. Now I have hit another wall and need help once again. To recap, I was tracing back roots and found more info on my G Grandfather than I did his wife. I have answered as many questions ...
- 09 Aug 2010, 02:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for my Great Grandmother's roots
- Replies: 53
- Views: 25338
Re: Searching for my Great Grandmother's roots
the first names of first children are the same first names of Salvatore Bevilacqua born in Ustica( Ignazio Bevilacqua and Grazia Gambino); Salvatore in 1930 census, declared born in Italy, imm. in 1890, Naturalized
suanj
Yes that is the same one. I found those records as well on Ustica.org. the ...
suanj
Yes that is the same one. I found those records as well on Ustica.org. the ...
- 08 Aug 2010, 15:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for my Great Grandmother's roots
- Replies: 53
- Views: 25338
Re: Searching for my Great Grandmother's roots
valarie , what would be the best place to look for Nat. records from La and Tx? And does anyone know how to go about getting records from Ustica? Jennies husband, my Great Grandfather was from there and I want to see if he had any siblings and get his records from there
- 07 Aug 2010, 00:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for my Great Grandmother's roots
- Replies: 53
- Views: 25338
Re: Searching for my Great Grandmother's roots
I was searchng on ancestry.com (im not a member) I found what could possibly be a manifest for Anna Michel for 12/1/1866 and a 1930 cenus. I also may have ound census records for both mary and August. I also noticed the searches usually pulled up a member's family tree with the same relatives as I ...
- 06 Aug 2010, 21:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for my Great Grandmother's roots
- Replies: 53
- Views: 25338
Re: Searching for my Great Grandmother's roots
So do you think it possible that Salvadore and Rosario are from the same place? And it doesnt say that Sal traveled with his wife or was married. Could he have left her in Italy when he came? Just trying to see how they were brother in laws.
- 06 Aug 2010, 14:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for my Great Grandmother's roots
- Replies: 53
- Views: 25338
Re: Searching for my Great Grandmother's roots
Thanks a bunch I have been searching the internet and looking for ANYTHING I can find lol. I know Mary and Rosario had a daughter names Anna. Is this the Anna here? The same as the obit?
- 05 Aug 2010, 15:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for my Great Grandmother's roots
- Replies: 53
- Views: 25338
Re: Searching for my Great Grandmother's roots
Thanks so much for your info and your great help! I have searched New orleans birth records but havent found anything on either girls, maybe a different parish possibly. Ill try to find info on other parishes!
- 05 Aug 2010, 03:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for my Great Grandmother's roots
- Replies: 53
- Views: 25338
Re: Searching for my Great Grandmother's roots
Just a thought: The 1900 census records say Rosario imm in 1877 but the 1910 census says 1860. Could he have came here in 1860 and been naturalized in 1877? And also Mary's imm date on the 1910 census has a date I cannot make out but her obit says she was here for 61 yrs at death and she was 65 so ...
- 05 Aug 2010, 01:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Last Name Mixups
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5756
Re: Last Name Mixups
I have also had someone else's help and she suggested
Maria/mary surname: SCALONE or SCICOLONE or SCICHILONE...SCAGLIONE??
These r possiblities as well.
Maria/mary surname: SCALONE or SCICOLONE or SCICHILONE...SCAGLIONE??
These r possiblities as well.
- 05 Aug 2010, 01:43
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Last Name Mixups
- Replies: 11
- Views: 5756
Re: Last Name Mixups
I cant seem to make it out either. The only thing I have to go on for now is the obit and 2 death records of her sons which all have pretty much the same last name but it is spelled differntly in all 3 places lol. If I can find manifests for both Maria and Rosario Michel then maybe I can find ...