I don't quite understand what you're saying, but basically - them enforcing the 1912 law is not new and perhaps I should have applied at the LA consulate (I could technically claim California residence because I still have a CADL) as they don't seem to enforce the 1912 law as much?
Can you re-apply ...
Search found 15 matches
- 20 May 2010, 13:10
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: If naturalized before July 1, 1912
- Replies: 31
- Views: 21880
- 14 May 2010, 13:36
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: If naturalized before July 1, 1912
- Replies: 31
- Views: 21880
Re: If naturalized before July 1, 1912
The Irish citizenship through a great grandparent was proposed just last year:
"This new proposal to allow Americans whose nearest Irish ancestor is a great-grandparent to qualify for citizenship, provided that they have spent considerable time studying or working in Ireland, will open the ...
"This new proposal to allow Americans whose nearest Irish ancestor is a great-grandparent to qualify for citizenship, provided that they have spent considerable time studying or working in Ireland, will open the ...
- 13 May 2010, 18:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: If naturalized before July 1, 1912
- Replies: 31
- Views: 21880
Re: If naturalized before July 1, 1912
OY! I am starting to think that this just wasn't meant to be. For a while there was hope, but at this point it has gotten too complicated unless another door opens. I thank you both for your replies. If you think of any other avenues I might try, I'd love to hear your suggestions. I wish I would ...
- 13 May 2010, 18:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: If naturalized before July 1, 1912
- Replies: 31
- Views: 21880
Re: If naturalized before July 1, 1912
yes. the next person in my lineage was born in 1888 in New York City. He would have been a minor (11 years) when the Great Great GF became a citizen.
I looked at Ireland. I don't think they let you go back that far. But I'll look again, maybe the rules have changed. you never know...
Thanks again ...
I looked at Ireland. I don't think they let you go back that far. But I'll look again, maybe the rules have changed. you never know...
Thanks again ...
- 13 May 2010, 17:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: If naturalized before July 1, 1912
- Replies: 31
- Views: 21880
Re: If naturalized before July 1, 1912
yes. My Great Great Grandfather was born in Ireland in 1854. His mother was Irish. His father was English. Still trying to locate his birth record and death record.
- 13 May 2010, 17:36
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: If naturalized before July 1, 1912
- Replies: 31
- Views: 21880
Re: If naturalized before July 1, 1912
Thank you. I will check out that link.
I wanted to live in Italy, yes. I don't speak Italian :) and I have a college degree. I've worked as an administrative assistant for the past 10 years or so. So I have no special skills. I tried to live in England and they wouldn't give me a visa. So I'm not ...
I wanted to live in Italy, yes. I don't speak Italian :) and I have a college degree. I've worked as an administrative assistant for the past 10 years or so. So I have no special skills. I tried to live in England and they wouldn't give me a visa. So I'm not ...
- 13 May 2010, 16:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: If naturalized before July 1, 1912
- Replies: 31
- Views: 21880
Re: If naturalized before July 1, 1912
ah. i see. Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate it.
I think the man was fed up because my case was so complicated. He pulled out that piece of information at the VERY end of the 'interview'.
I think the man was fed up because my case was so complicated. He pulled out that piece of information at the VERY end of the 'interview'.
- 13 May 2010, 15:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: If naturalized before July 1, 1912
- Replies: 31
- Views: 21880
If naturalized before July 1, 1912
Hello,
I just got back from my "jure sanguinis" Italian Citizenship appointment at the New York Consulate. My case was very complicated as my Great Great grandfather was the last person born in Italy. He was naturalized in 1899.
Short story boring - I had never heard of a law stating that ...
I just got back from my "jure sanguinis" Italian Citizenship appointment at the New York Consulate. My case was very complicated as my Great Great grandfather was the last person born in Italy. He was naturalized in 1899.
Short story boring - I had never heard of a law stating that ...
- 02 May 2010, 19:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Life of Luigia Casella Calamari
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7170
Re: Life of Luigia Casella Calamari
Thank you for your reply. Yes, this is the correct Luigia/Louisa. But I'm looking for other descendants of Luigia's researching our family. Unfortunately Luigia died before I was born and all I have is census/vital records, photos and such. I am looking to connect with distant relatives that I've ...
- 14 Apr 2010, 13:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: NEW YORK CITY ITALIAN AMERICAN PHOTO ARCHIVES
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3121
NEW YORK CITY ITALIAN AMERICAN PHOTO ARCHIVES
I am looking for a photo of an Italian man who was a sidewalk performer in New York City in the 1870's. His name was Giovanni Foppiano and he was a street performer from 1874 - 1878. He would perform with a monkey that would dance and extract lottery tickets from a hat that it would had to passers ...
- 22 Mar 2010, 21:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Life of Luigia Casella Calamari
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7170
Life of Luigia Casella Calamari
This past year I've started researching my Italian family history and I'd really like to find family members who have information on my Great Great Grandmother, Luigia Casella Calamari, her parents and siblings. If you are related and have any information you'd like to share, please get in touch ...
- 22 Mar 2010, 16:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giuseppe Pasqualino Calamari - NYC/ Essex, CT
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5629
Re: Giuseppe Pasqualino Calamari - NYC/ Essex, CT
Hello Tessa,
Thanks for your reply. Domenica was no longer living in 1908. There is nobody in my family named Andrea that immigrated to the US as far as I know. There were a lot of Calamari/Cervini/Casella immigrants during that time. All from the same area.
I appreciate your replies.
Rebecca
Thanks for your reply. Domenica was no longer living in 1908. There is nobody in my family named Andrea that immigrated to the US as far as I know. There were a lot of Calamari/Cervini/Casella immigrants during that time. All from the same area.
I appreciate your replies.
Rebecca
- 19 Mar 2010, 19:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giuseppe Pasqualino Calamari - NYC/ Essex, CT
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5629
Re: Giuseppe Pasqualino Calamari - NYC/ Essex, CT
yes, I have that record on my list of those to look at the next time I am at the archives. Perhaps the age was transcribed wrong on italiangen.org or it is wrong on the manifest. There is also a Domenica Calamari listed as age 1 that died in 1892. Maybe that is a transcription error as well. I haven ...
- 19 Mar 2010, 19:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giuseppe Pasqualino Calamari - NYC/ Essex, CT
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5629
Re: Giuseppe Pasqualino Calamari - NYC/ Essex, CT
Hello Tessa,
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I saw this manifest. thank you. It might be them. I didn't think it was similar enough, but that probably is them. You are right. This means that in addition to Domenica's death certificate there is also a death certificate for Andrea somewhere between ...
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I saw this manifest. thank you. It might be them. I didn't think it was similar enough, but that probably is them. You are right. This means that in addition to Domenica's death certificate there is also a death certificate for Andrea somewhere between ...
- 19 Mar 2010, 18:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giuseppe Pasqualino Calamari - NYC/ Essex, CT
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5629
Giuseppe Pasqualino Calamari - NYC/ Essex, CT
I am trying to find out more information about my Step-great great Grandfather's immigration, naturalization and his 2 children from his previous marriage.
His name was Giuseppe Pasqualino Calamari. I have his birth, 3rd marriage and death records. he was born in Piacenza, ER on April 13, 1857 to ...
His name was Giuseppe Pasqualino Calamari. I have his birth, 3rd marriage and death records. he was born in Piacenza, ER on April 13, 1857 to ...