Search found 13 matches
- 20 Jul 2010, 15:05
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Personality Traits specific to Certain Regions...
- Replies: 9
- Views: 14024
Re: Personality Traits specific to Certain Regions...
My mother's parents come from the regions of Abruzzo and Campagnia. Where can I find out more information about those specific regions? Anything that is unique to those regions, but not others? Not sure where to start.
- 15 Jul 2010, 18:35
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Personality Traits specific to Certain Regions...
- Replies: 9
- Views: 14024
Re: Personality Traits specific to Certain Regions...
The article is very interesting.Thank you for your help.
No, I wasn't saying you were touchy, just that the whole area of my original question could be interpreted as sensitive to some people, if it pigeon holed people, which I hadn't thought about...
http://www.regalis.com/introgen.htm is an ...
No, I wasn't saying you were touchy, just that the whole area of my original question could be interpreted as sensitive to some people, if it pigeon holed people, which I hadn't thought about...
http://www.regalis.com/introgen.htm is an ...
- 15 Jul 2010, 14:29
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Personality Traits specific to Certain Regions...
- Replies: 9
- Views: 14024
Re: Personality Traits specific to Certain Regions...
I guess a touchy subject, but I never looked at it that way! More like the way a sociologist researches something.. in an objective way....but most things boil down to our perceptions! Even most research is probably skewed toward the researcher's point of view...
Thanks for the above link...good ...
Thanks for the above link...good ...
- 14 Jul 2010, 14:25
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Personality Traits specific to Certain Regions...
- Replies: 9
- Views: 14024
Re: Personality Traits specific to Certain Regions...
Let me re-phrase the question-- I am just wondering if anyone knows about the characteristics of people from different regions of Italy.
Example--Napolitians verus Sicilians versus those from other regions.
Those things, about how people are different depending on what region they're from.
Example--Napolitians verus Sicilians versus those from other regions.
Those things, about how people are different depending on what region they're from.
- 13 Jul 2010, 16:21
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Personality Traits specific to Certain Regions...
- Replies: 9
- Views: 14024
Personality Traits specific to Certain Regions...
Where can I find information about specific characteristics ie--personality, nuances, etc.-- of people related to the region they came from?
And, if your ancestors were born in a certain region--but it was near a larger city-- would that carry over into their characteristics/behavior? Example--My ...
And, if your ancestors were born in a certain region--but it was near a larger city-- would that carry over into their characteristics/behavior? Example--My ...
- 13 Jul 2010, 14:13
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Is there a town/city named Amurusso located in Italy?
- Replies: 22
- Views: 11802
Re: Is there a town/city named Amurusso located in Italy?
Wowie. How do you do it??
Never knew she had 3 siblings and the father was here already. My mother said she had siblings:Rose and Teresa. Wonder if that Rose was a sibling? ANd, she said her mother's parents were Thomas and ANtoinette (alias Tommasso and Antonio).
Yes, I'll try a marriage ...
Never knew she had 3 siblings and the father was here already. My mother said she had siblings:Rose and Teresa. Wonder if that Rose was a sibling? ANd, she said her mother's parents were Thomas and ANtoinette (alias Tommasso and Antonio).
Yes, I'll try a marriage ...
- 13 Jul 2010, 01:46
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Is there a town/city named Amurusso located in Italy?
- Replies: 22
- Views: 11802
Re: Is there a town/city named Amurusso located in Italy?
Thanks--good information!!Tessa78 wrote:Here is the link that Peter provided above...
Hope this one works...
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html
Do you know if Carlo and Francesca were married in Italy or US?
Where in US did they live?
T.
- 13 Jul 2010, 01:38
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Is there a town/city named Amurusso located in Italy?
- Replies: 22
- Views: 11802
Re: Is there a town/city named Amurusso located in Italy?
The oldest child was:
William Richards--around 1914 ?, in East Kingston, NY.
Earl Richards around 1916? in East Kingston, NY
Joseph around 1918? in East Kingston, NY
Filamegna around 1920, Schenectady, NY
Anna around 1922, Schenectady, NY
Antoinette in 1930, Hudson, NY
Geez, thanks for your ...
William Richards--around 1914 ?, in East Kingston, NY.
Earl Richards around 1916? in East Kingston, NY
Joseph around 1918? in East Kingston, NY
Filamegna around 1920, Schenectady, NY
Anna around 1922, Schenectady, NY
Antoinette in 1930, Hudson, NY
Geez, thanks for your ...
- 12 Jul 2010, 18:56
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Is there a town/city named Amurusso located in Italy?
- Replies: 22
- Views: 11802
Re: Is there a town/city named Amurusso located in Italy?
Wow. I know that the 3 boys-- William, Earl and Joseph--were born in East Kingston, NY cuz I wrote it down. I looked at the map and Glasco (I think Glascow is now Glasco) is maybe 15 miles north of East Kingston! That would have made him 10 years older than the wife, Francesca-1888. The 2 girls ...
- 12 Jul 2010, 16:59
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Is there a town/city named Amurusso located in Italy?
- Replies: 22
- Views: 11802
Re: Is there a town/city named Amurusso located in Italy?
Here is a short study on Italian Genealogy which will bring you up to snuff and make it easier for you to help us help you.
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/free_genealogy-research.html
=Peter=
That link didn't work for me. But, maybe there's another that will? Thanks.
http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/free_genealogy-research.html
=Peter=
That link didn't work for me. But, maybe there's another that will? Thanks.
- 12 Jul 2010, 16:53
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Is there a town/city named Amurusso located in Italy?
- Replies: 22
- Views: 11802
Re: Is there a town/city named Amurusso located in Italy?
My grandmother, Francesca Marabello, was born in 1888 so I imagine he was born close to that, maybe 1883-1888.
But, he was definitely a Carlo, I'm 90% sure, and I don't know what his line of work was or remember anyone talking about it.
But, I think Amorosi is a definite. Interesting that Raiano ...
But, he was definitely a Carlo, I'm 90% sure, and I don't know what his line of work was or remember anyone talking about it.
But, I think Amorosi is a definite. Interesting that Raiano ...
- 12 Jul 2010, 14:05
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Is there a town/city named Amurusso located in Italy?
- Replies: 22
- Views: 11802
Re: Is there a town/city named Amurusso located in Italy?
His name was Carlo Riccardi (I think this is is the spelling) but changed to "Richards" when he went to America. The only thing I have is my mother telling me years ago that he was born in Amurusso, but I don't recall if she spelled it for me or I took the liberty of doing it myself.
It has to be ...
It has to be ...
- 11 Jul 2010, 16:59
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Is there a town/city named Amurusso located in Italy?
- Replies: 22
- Views: 11802
Is there a town/city named Amurusso located in Italy?
I found the name of a city, Amurusso--not sure if the spelling is correct. But, I cannot find it anywheres. It's where my mother's father was born. I am probably spelling it wrong?