Hi "Redfoot" -I've just sussed who you are and we have already exchanged info- I just thought I'd come across another Prete in the link
Billy
Search found 17 matches
- 08 Feb 2011, 23:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Campobasso families: Prete, Bucci, Coletta
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4550
- 08 Feb 2011, 23:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Campobasso families: Prete, Bucci, Coletta
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4550
Re: Campobasso families: Prete, Bucci, Coletta
My great grandfather was Vittore Prete from Casale. He stayed in the same house in London as Domenico Prete in 1891 and Pietro Prete stayed 2 doors away. They all came from Casale.
I will forward some more info at weekend when I have more time.
I will forward some more info at weekend when I have more time.
- 19 Nov 2010, 22:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Pretes in Trevigno
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2613
Re: Looking for Pretes in Trevigno
Hi, thanks for replying. Yes this is the one I was looking at as Francesco's son also has the middle name Antonio.
I will try to find out more about this area. Cheers.
I will try to find out more about this area. Cheers.
- 18 Nov 2010, 22:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Pretes in Trevigno
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2613
Re: Looking for Pretes in Trevigno
I worked out from info that he - Francesco Prete was born in 1796. His son Giuseppe Prete was born in Conca Casale in 1837.
He married eleonora Matteo but their wedding record is not recorded in Isernia records.
I found a Francesco Prete born 1796 in Trevigno and was wondering if he lived here ...
He married eleonora Matteo but their wedding record is not recorded in Isernia records.
I found a Francesco Prete born 1796 in Trevigno and was wondering if he lived here ...
- 18 Nov 2010, 17:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Pretes in Trevigno
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2613
Looking for Pretes in Trevigno
I think my gggfather may have come from Trevigno. How can I find any more info ?
- 07 Nov 2010, 14:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth dates.
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1578
Birth dates.
Is there any particular reason for birth dates to be so vague on census e.g. born about 1866. Were people unsure of their own birthdays ?
Did it not mean much to people in these times ?
Did it not mean much to people in these times ?
- 27 Oct 2010, 19:13
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: ice cream vendors
- Replies: 16
- Views: 15648
Re: ice cream vendors
Yes Jamie My G.grandfather came from Italy to London - to Cambuslang as ice cream vendor in 1901. I think that was because Biaggs Rinaldi was the ice man and he supplied the others. He later had shop in Shettleston and finally Baillieston - then the bookies stepped in !
- 16 Oct 2010, 16:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Older relatives just not interested
- Replies: 43
- Views: 22886
Re: Older relatives just not interested
You are so right. My remaining elder relatives keep everything a secret as if they are one up. They have many photographs which they keep to themselves. What I found out shows that their stories are false but I know they wouldn't appreciate soem home truths.
The good thing is that the rest of my ...
The good thing is that the rest of my ...
- 03 Oct 2010, 18:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: atina records
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2472
atina records
What is the correct address to send for information in Atina as I have seen 2 different ones in the forum ?
Cheers
Cheers
- 13 Aug 2010, 21:54
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: ice cream vendors
- Replies: 16
- Views: 15648
Re: ice cream vendors
Thanks Emmy that is a brilliant essay detailing the trials of the shop owners in Glasgow - cheers.
- 12 Aug 2010, 19:36
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Atina records
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7192
Re: Atina records
Thanks Tessa 78. If you send for this, forwarding ID and cash ,is it ok to send banknote ?
- 11 Aug 2010, 15:26
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Atina records
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7192
Re: Atina records
So what would the address be ? I want to know her birth details before deciding to continue either on my own or with help from someone like yourself.
- 10 Aug 2010, 22:13
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: ice cream vendors
- Replies: 16
- Views: 15648
ice cream vendors
Why did so many people who left Southern Italy to move to London become ice cream vendors ? Was it a skill they had before they left ?
- 10 Aug 2010, 22:11
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Atina records
- Replies: 8
- Views: 7192
Atina records
How can I find Records for Atina about 1868 ? My great gran Rosalia Mancini is down as Nipote - what is that ?
- 25 Jul 2010, 18:01
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: looking for a town
- Replies: 10
- Views: 5451
Re: replies to looking for a town
I can't believe the speed of reply from so many intelligent people. Cheers. The Atina one suits as it fits with other pieces I have. They did not marry in Italy but against her family wishes, ran away and were married in London in 1891. They stayed in Holborn next to others of her name ( Manicini ...