Search found 14 matches
- 25 Feb 2011, 05:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacaruso's in Waterbury, CT
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1879
Jacaruso's in Waterbury, CT
I was wondering if anyone knows if most or all of the Jacaruso's who settled in Waterbury, CT were from Celenza ValFortore? I was also wondering if anyone knows what business occupied 614 Bank Street in Waterbury, CT around 1903? I noticed that several Jacaruso's used that address on their ship ...
- 21 Sep 2010, 16:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacaruso relatives
- Replies: 31
- Views: 12257
Re: Jacaruso relatives
I struck out with the Barbour Collection also.
- 21 Sep 2010, 03:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacaruso relatives
- Replies: 31
- Views: 12257
Re: Jacaruso relatives
I thought the Barbour Collection only went to 1850 or so. I have already checked the Family History Center and there is no record of Lena's birth in their records. Any other places I should check?
- 20 Sep 2010, 23:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacaruso relatives
- Replies: 31
- Views: 12257
Re: Jacaruso relatives
Does anyone know where I might locate a birth certificate/record for my grandmother, Lena (Lyons?) Jacaruso who was born on May 16, 1890 supposedly in Bridgeport, CT? I called up Bridgeport and their records only date back to 1897. Would I go to Hartford?
- 20 Sep 2010, 22:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacaruso relatives
- Replies: 31
- Views: 12257
Re: Jacaruso relatives
Keep you fingers crossed. I have requested a Index Search Request through the USCIS - United States Citizenship and Immigration Services - for Joseph Jacaruso following the instructions from "johnnyonthespot". It was pretty straightforward and logical for a change. In fact, I was at the very end of ...
- 20 Sep 2010, 20:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacaruso relatives
- Replies: 31
- Views: 12257
Re: Jacaruso relatives
Thanks Carmine for the explanation of how the naturalization recordation and storage process works. Can you tell this is my first experience in this area? It's mindboggling and frustrating at the same time. I will try your suggestion with the USCIS and let you know how it went. The deal with my ...
- 20 Sep 2010, 16:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacaruso relatives
- Replies: 31
- Views: 12257
Re: Jacaruso relatives
Should I try and use the FRC in Suitland, MD or the one in Waltham, MA?. Does it matter which one you request the records from? It seems that CT records would be in MA not MD but when I went on the Waltham, MA site I encountered the same exact problem as with the NARA site in DC. The date range only ...
- 20 Sep 2010, 02:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacaruso relatives
- Replies: 31
- Views: 12257
Re: Jacaruso relatives
Thanks, Tessa for your expertise. Yes, this is what I found. If it's only an index that explains why so little info is filled in. You're right about the card back above possibly not being part of Joseph's Index to Petitions File Card. What made me think that it might be is because on Joseph's WWI ...
- 18 Sep 2010, 21:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacaruso relatives
- Replies: 31
- Views: 12257
Re: Jacaruso relatives
I did get my hands on a copy of Joseph's naturalization records but there isn't much info on them. The records give his name, his address as 62 Allen Street (the back of the property) in Stratford, CT and that he had previously applied for citizenship but it was denied. The reason listed on the back ...
- 18 Sep 2010, 19:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacaruso relatives
- Replies: 31
- Views: 12257
Re: Jacaruso relatives
Thank you for your response and I am grateful for any information or thoughts. I am new at trying to research immigrant roots. I have this information if Joseph did indeed arrive aboard the Sardegna. I also found the S.S. Zeeland arriving on 4/19/1904, the Konig Albert on 11/25/1909 and the Berlin ...
- 18 Sep 2010, 18:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacaruso relatives
- Replies: 31
- Views: 12257
Jacaruso relatives
Looking for information on any relatives - living or deceased- related to Giuseppe Jacaruso born in Celenza Valfortore around 18 April 1881-1884 and died 13 November 1955. Immigrated to Connecticut around 1903.
- 05 Sep 2010, 03:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacaruso, Giuseppe
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4906
Re: Jacaruso, Giuseppe
Valarie,
I did find the naturalization record yesterday and did not realize that was what I was looking at until 5 minutes ago when I rechecked it but it does not indicate any ship or arrival date. That line is blank but I'm sure it's the right record because of the Allen Street address. The ...
I did find the naturalization record yesterday and did not realize that was what I was looking at until 5 minutes ago when I rechecked it but it does not indicate any ship or arrival date. That line is blank but I'm sure it's the right record because of the Allen Street address. The ...
- 05 Sep 2010, 03:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacaruso, Giuseppe
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4906
Re: Jacaruso, Giuseppe
Valarie,
Thanks for responding so quickly. I do have the information of the 1920 and 1930 census records. I also have a copy of the WWI & WWII draft card registrations. On his WWI draft card dated September 12, 1918, he does mention his intent to become a U.S. Citizen but how does one locate the ...
Thanks for responding so quickly. I do have the information of the 1920 and 1930 census records. I also have a copy of the WWI & WWII draft card registrations. On his WWI draft card dated September 12, 1918, he does mention his intent to become a U.S. Citizen but how does one locate the ...
- 04 Sep 2010, 19:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Jacaruso, Giuseppe
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4906
Jacaruso, Giuseppe
I am just beginning to research my Italian roots. I know very little and would be grateful to anyone who might have knowledge of the Jacaruso's or be able to direct my search in the appropriate direction.
My grandfather was Joseph (Giuseppe) Jacaruso who was born on April 18, 1881/1882/1884 in ...
My grandfather was Joseph (Giuseppe) Jacaruso who was born on April 18, 1881/1882/1884 in ...